GUI gone bad (1 Viewer)

mattoid

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
UK
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 (2005-07-16)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Celeron - 1200MHz
Memory: 479 MB
Motherboard: C3M266
TV Card Model: InnoDV DV-3300
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 1.2.0.45
Video Card Model: Via/s3g Cle266 Graphics Driver 6.13.10.0021-01.19.01 (32 MB)
Video Card Driver: 6.13.10.21
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: 5.12.1.3820
Synopsis::

I have been installing and configuring MP for a few weeks now, and got nearly everything as I want it, only now I have a major problem. When I open media player from a fresh boot things seem ok, some of the details are whited-out (no colour or detail). When I open it after it has been closed, the whole GUI is white, with a few pale blue or grey rectangles. Pictures still open, and videos play fine, and you can navigate around the functions -you can tell fromt the window titles when not in full screen- but you cannot see anything else.
I know my hardware specs are a bit low, but others seem to be running ok on less.
All help appreciated, as nothing else comes close to MP.

mattoid

mattoid

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
UK
Druden
I know its not ideal. But the 'maybe' section says 'not dx9 but may work', and this one is dx9c, and I'm sure I have read of other users with Epia motherboards, or am I wrong there? Besides, its been ok in all the time i've been setting it all up.
Also rc2 has issues with the NVTV tuner I am using.
I am just rather attached to the hardware mpg decoder (perfect DVD playback). But then I just found out that the FX5200 has the same. Don't suppose you know if that applies to all FX5200 cards of all generic makes? only I have an MSI one....
~:( Think I may need to buy a new mobo :( ~

awww

cheers mate
looks like the cheap project gets its third mobo (long story :shock: )

mattoid

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    From what I usually read on here from Epia users is that they almost always seem to have gui problem and that must be the onboard via playing up. Even though you can install Directx 9 doesnt mean the board supports it. You be best of if you could test a newer card in there first and see if that makes the difference.

mattoid

Portal Member
    December 30, 2005
    UK
    I have found a partial solution to this.
    It runs smoothly with no GUI problems but only in full screen mode. I had is running in a window while I was setting up and configuring, and this just adds to the load on the GPU. Go full screen and it seems to manage ok!
    :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom