GUIDE: Configuring HuluDesktop on MediaPortal 1.1.x with StreamedMP (1 Viewer)

Justintoxicated

Portal Member
July 4, 2010
Re: GUIDE: Configuring HuluDesktop on MediaPortal 1.1.1 with StreamedMP

Hi, I can't seem to get this working. When hulu desktop launches, it pops up for a second, then gets hidden behind the media portal screen. I have selected for HULU Desktop to always be on top, and exited it when maximized.

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

If you haven't already, please double check the settings for steps 9 & 11. It's very important these match exactly. The only time I've had this happen is when either one of those settings is incorrect or Hulu isn't set to be always on top.

Justintoxicated

Portal Member
    July 4, 2010

If you haven't already, please double check the settings for steps 9 & 11. It's very important these match exactly. The only time I've had this happen is when either one of those settings is incorrect or Hulu isn't set to be always on top.

The setting are correct. However I now have deselected for Media Center to always be on top, and I get the correct behavior . One problem though, Media Center isn't set to always be on top :(

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country

Hmmm...yeah it will work for now, but you will have issues... What OS are you running?

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    Not that I am aware of. I'm not a plug-in developer by any means. This is simply a guide to help those who have had a rough time trying to get this working like I did. I have updated the first post as any issues were brought to my attention to make sure I am providing accurate, up to date information that actually works. To the best of my knowledge at this point, this is still the only way to integrate (and I use the term loosely) Hulu into MePo. I think we have that to blame on Hulu more than anything else, but it is what it is I guess....

Justintoxicated

Portal Member
    July 4, 2010
    Yea, Don't feel bad though, cause I read that the win MCE Hulu integration is pretty much the same thing.

I'm going to try this technique again since i have re-installed media portal since I was having the (on top) problem. I might just forget about hulu if I have the same problems as before because it seemed to cause more problems than it was worth.

djlax152

August 15, 2011
    How did you create the HuluDesktop.XML file, is there a freeware program that is simple to use like a notepad or something. I don't have any programing experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom