Guide: DVBLink v4 and MediaPortal Guide!*Updated 2012-01-24* (1 Viewer)

rshack

January 23, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Same here, no signal...

How to fix no signal issue:
1. Navigate to the DVBLink webserver and go to the media section where you can view and stream your channels. Make sure that transcoding is disabled in options so it will give you a .m3u file.

2. Hover over the "Play" button within the DVBLink webserver and select the "Copy link to clipboard" option. You will see that next to "Client=" there is a long hashtag, copy this code and then do a "Find and Replace" within the DVBLink.Comhem created earlier. Replace all the "Client=AAAAAAAA" with the hastag found earlier, so it will be similar to: "Client=m5ghg15165883838asdas35456146as1d".

3. Scan channels and it should work now.

NOTE: Even though channels scan, you will get a "ChannelIsScrambled" error when trying to preview, and when trying to view through MediaPortal EPG the same "Channe is Scrambled" error will apear. One step closer – fixed one issue and another one popped up.

Hopefully this will help someone else diagnose further...

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was planning to 'upgrade' from WMC to Mediaportal and I'm using DVBLogic TV Source too.

Why is it a pain to install the virtual tuners in Mediaportal? I don't understand why DVBLink didn't make a plugin or the support in Mediaportal is better.

There are thousands of people using TV Source with WMC, but because Microsoft isn't developing anymore I'm sure a lot want to change Media Center software.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I now have installed it without DVBLogic. Works fine, just need to think about something else to stream throughout my home.

KITSER

Portal Member
    November 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've used this tutorial in combination with 2x HDHomerun HDHR3-EU (total 4 tuners) and DVBLink.

So I created a m3u file for all 4 tuners. In this m3u files are all my tv channels (like http://192.168.1.100:8081/dvblink/direct?client=TV-Kaart1&channel=10120000)

I added 4 DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Sources with each a differtent m3u file.

I mapped 1 "version" of each channel to a IPTV source and combined the channels on every card with each other.

I can stream 1 channel. But when a record an other channel the stream in MediaPortal freezes. In Mediaportal TV Server I see that 2 IPTV sources are in use. But when I look in the hdhomerun Config GUI utility, I see that only one tuner is in use. the other 3 are not in use.

What can I do?

Edit :

I just found it is a DVBLink problem. First I'll try to fix that. Probably that will fix the problem.

Attachments

• TV-Kaart1.m3u.txt
      2.6 KB
    • TV-Kaart2.m3u.txt
      2.6 KB
    Last edited:

Degsy

September 3, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I have followed this tutorial, created the m3u file but when I use it in MediaPortal TV Server configuration to scan for channels it finds nothing.
    Can anyone point me to any info that could help me?

I can stream channels from my synology DVBLink server using VLC but cant get media centre to work due to the stupid PlayReady issue and cant get media portal to work due to this. I am severely regretting buying DVBLink server. Waste of money.

Degsy

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm currently messing with it, but I assume it is no longer working?
    I have: DVBLINK Server 5.0.1 and IPTV plugin
    I used the dvblink to m3u script, but can't find the mentioned "Client=78237832478" string anywhere. Maybe they changed it in this version?

edit: found the string, but needed to install dvblink connect server plugin for it.
    Still can't scan a channel in MP. Probably b/c it's not being transcoded to MPEG2 but MP4 or something.
    Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,63.Usa_ABD.m3u-NASA
    http://localhost:8101/dvblink/direct?client=a4c4030f4d720c63c12350358e34f350&channel=10430000&transcoder=mp4&height=480&width=640&bitrate=2048&lng=eng
    #EXTINF:0,63.Usa_ABD.m3u-NASA
    http://localhost:8101/dvblink/direct?client=a4c4030f4d720c63c12350358e34f350&channel=10430000

I don't think if I get this to work I want to spend 2x 26 = 52 euros on IPTV client and Connect server, but maybe. Do I really need these plugins after initial setup is done? It looks like the /direct? is a basic function for DVBLink and it might keep working after the trials for the plugins time-out. For now I need to see if I can change the transcoder to something MePo can handle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom