Guide how to set up MadVR incl. HDR?

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by Crix1990, January 3, 2018.

1. Crix1990
    • Premium Supporter

Crix1990 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hey,

I just google around but I didn't find a easy guide to set up MadVR with MePo incl. HDR.

As far as I figured out, its possible to send a HDR Tag with a AMD RX460 to a Sony HDR TV...

When I use all the guides I found, I've got a "working" enironment without HDR tagging and often black-screen crushes (I got sound but a black screen and there is no way out, just shutdown the PC by front button).

My Environment is:
    HTPC:
    Latest MePo1 / LAV / MadVR / AMD drivers
    AMD RX460

Denon X4300H AVR
    Sony Sony KD-65XD9305
    All Cables can handle full 4K incl. HDR

Can soumeone just post or link a simple guide?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,182 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Not sure if what you are looking for is available. Madvr implementation of 4K & HDR is still relatively new, you might get something by reading through this thread, some of the discussions are on HDR settings or by asking one of the contributors there who do have 4k/HDR hardware.
    Hope that helps

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!