Guide: How to use Twinhan remote control (1 Viewer)

maju

Portal Member
February 27, 2005
Here you can find a short step-by-step guide how to configure the twinhan remote control for usage in MediaPortal:

http://forum.digitalrise.biz/viewtopic.php?p=2616#2616

Known issues:

+ "Power" button cannot be used to close MediaPortal from inside the application because I don't know how to configure key shortcut "STRG + UMSCHALT + ALT + F6" to exit MediaPortal.

+ Cannot stop running tv recording because I don't know the key shortcut for this action.

+ Buttons "EPG", "Record List" and "Teletext" cannot be used because I didn't find a way to call these actions directly with a key shortcut (and "My Keys Plugin" is no more available).

+ Cannot use VOL- und VOL+ buttons because modifiers in key shortcuts ("SHIFT+DOWN" and "SHIFT+UP") are currently not possible in MediaPortal. I'm using the buttons "Rewind" and "Forward" as workaround.

Martin

N

nayt74

+ "Power" button cannot be used to close MediaPortal from inside the application because I don't know how to configure key shortcut "STRG + UMSCHALT + ALT + F6" to exit MediaPortal.

I noticed that the twinhan remote always tries to open twinhandtv.exe from this location, C:\Program Files\PC-TV\TwinHanDTV

To get media portal working with the power button i replaced the twinhandtv.exe with a small .net program that opens media portal if it is not already running and closes it if it is already running. Now when I press the power button on the twinhan remote media portal opens up and if I press again it closes it.

Here is the code
public static void Main(string[] args)
{

Process proc;
int i;
//Application.Run(new MainForm());
Process [] myProcs = Process.GetProcessesByName("MediaPortal");
if (myProcs.Length == 0){
ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new ProcessStartInfo("\"C:\\Program Files\\Team MediaPortal\\MediaPortal\\MediaPortal.exe\"");
startInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Maximized;
proc = Process.Start(startInfo);
}else{
for (i = 0; i< myProcs.Length; i++){
proc = myProcs;
proc.CloseMainWindow();
proc.Close();
}
}

Application.Exit();

}

Users who are viewing this thread