guide missing program description (1 Viewer)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a strange error, that happens in both RC1 and RC2

When I do a fresh install of RC2 (or RC1) the guide is perfect, with detailed program info.
But if it gets the guide the 2nd, 3rd....... time, the program description is missing.

I use the DVB guide.

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a strange error, that happens in both RC1 and RC2

When I do a fresh install of RC2 (or RC1) the guide is perfect, with detailed program info.
    But if it gets the guide the 2nd, 3rd....... time, the program description is missing.

I use the DVB guide.

Same here?!

TV-Server Version: Latest SVN
    MediaPortal Version: RC2+ latest SVN
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome/X-Face
    Windows Version: Vista Premium NL
    CPU Type: AMD64 3200+
    HDD: Samsung SP2504C / HD501LJ
    Memory: 2Gb DDR
    Motherboard: Asus A8N-VM CSM
    Video Card: GeForce 8500GT
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Onboard
    Sound Card AC3: Optical out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV-C
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: Integrated Setup 4.5N
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500MCE
    2. TV Card Type: Analog
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: @Home
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Microsoft MCE Remote
    TV: Hitachi 42PD7200A
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Might be related to CableTV Provider home (now called Ziggo). I have the same provider.
    The strange thing is that this didn't happen to versions before RC1.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Anyone with cableprovider home (now called Ziggo), that doesn't have these problems?

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Confirmed (again)

I use the DVB guide.

I did also a complete re-install of the TV Server with a complete cleanup of my TV database and when the guide was first loaded it showed perfect (including program descriptions). And again, after the next guide update, only the program titles are there and the description completely disappeared?!
    So, I would say this is perfectly reproducable for this configuration (DVB-C receiver with DVB guide enabled at Ziggo)!
    There must be more people having this?! Anyway, could somebody give some directions where to look for...

TIA,
    Ron

J

joostzilla

Same problem here. Even with MP 0.2.3.0. Using Ziggo
    No solutions found yet.

btw. RTL8 is no longer found. Anyone having this problem too?

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same problem here. Even with MP 0.2.3.0. Using Ziggo
    No solutions found yet.

btw. RTL8 is no longer found. Anyone having this problem too?

I had this before I re-installed TV Server, RTL8 is still in the guide but without program infomation (just like the others :confused:)

I also tried the following: deleting all entries from the table dbo.Program (by using SQL Management Console), and forced an EPG refresh within TV-Server Configuration -> Manual control, et voila: all descriptions are back.
    I am now refreshing the EPG again to see if everything disappears again?!? BTW, I increased the timeout intervals for the EPG loading to 60 minutes (maybe this makes a differences).

It seems that grabbing EPG data from the DVB-C stream and storing it into the SQL database is quiet CPU intensive.
    When the TV-Server is idle my CPU utilization runs up to 100% during this process (both TV-Server and the SQL engine are the main contributors). It takes also some 10-30 minutes to complete on my system. So changing the time-out setting to 60 minutes was'n that bad. You can also configure to allow EPG grabbing while the TV-Server is recording/time-shifting, however this will not work (bug?!). I have seen that the EPG grabbing only starts when the TV-Server is idle. Another finding is that when it is grabbing the EPG and you start recording or time-shifting the EPG grabbing is aborted!!!
    So the system requires quiet some idle time (at least for the TV-Server) to complete it's EPG grabbing, so you should also prevent the PowerScheduler to put your system into sleep/hibernation when it is grabbing the EPG (this is a setting for the PowerScheduler plugin in TV-Server).

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1st of all thanks for the reply and the testing.
    I have set my time-out settings to 60 minutes for the EPG.
    Let's see if this fix it, or otherwise also delete all entries from the table.
    When I'm updating the guide, the load is very low 2~4%.

-------------------------------------
    Tried it,set timeout to 60 minutes, restarted windows (don't automatic load mediaportal GUI) and I got a program description.
    Now will not do anything any more and lets see if the description is here tomorrow.

Keep u guys imformed, thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom