guide missing program description (1 Viewer)

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1st of all thanks for the reply and the testing.
    When I'm updating the guide, the load is very low 2~4%.

That's probably Athlon X2 4850E vs Athlon 3200+ :D
    I'm waiting a little bit more for the new 790GX mainboards :cool:

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, now I almost never have a program description.

Still something wrong over here.

Anyone else?

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, now I almost never have a program description.

Still something wrong over here.

Anyone else?

Did you check the EPG.LOG of the TV-Server, this is how I found out where this thing was failing.
    On my system everything seems to be OK. You could also try to force the update of already existing EPG items (this is one of the options on the EPG tab of the TV-Server configuration).

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, back to ground zero.... again no program descriptions at all in my EPG :mad:
    I still need to check my EPG.LOG to see if there is anything pointing to a potential failure.
    Keep you posted :D

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Full DVB-EPG again, but why?!

OK, I tried something else, I enabled the option on EPG tab in TV Server Configuration to force an update of all EPG entries (increases CPU load heavily on my system) and see there, I have a full EPG available again :D
    It seems that the DVB-EPG updater routine does not correctly insert or update record in the dboProgram table, only when you force it by the above mentioned option, or by manually deleting all records in the dboProgram table.
    In the epg.log I don't find any (SQL) errors and this is probably also not the case, maybe there is someting ommited in the code :confused:

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, I tried something else, I enabled the option on EPG tab in TV Server Configuration to force an update of all EPG entries (increases CPU load heavily on my system) and see there, I have a full EPG available again :D
    It seems that the DVB-EPG updater routine does not correctly insert or update record in the dboProgram table, only when you force it by the above mentioned option, or by manually deleting all records in the dboProgram table.
    In the epg.log I don't find any (SQL) errors and this is probably also not the case, maybe there is someting ommited in the code :confused:

Hi Ron,

Still working?

Grtz,
    Joost

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Works perfect for me!
    Thanks Ron!

Got it up and running for 1 week now and get all the program descriptions from the current day.

ronnie_t

Portal Member
    December 11, 2007
    I have Ziggo (@home) and I have the EXACT same problem described in the start post. I have had this since mediaportal 0.2.3.0. I have done a complete new installation of windows/mysql/mediaport client + server and this did not help. The solution was indeed to "force an update of all EPG entries". thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom