[solved] Guide off by a hour (1 Viewer)

Spanky90

December 1, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi All,

I have installed Media Portal 1 and got everything set up, the guide works through the WebEPG plugin but it is a hour off. I have looked everywhere and cant find how to fix the problem, I looked at the XMLTV plugin but i cant seem to figure out how to use it. I see i can set it in there but i think that they are two seperate guides? Any help on how to fix that problem would be greatly appreciated, I was thinking it was in IMDB but not sure. There is a place to set your time zone but i have had no luck there either.

<Info language="en" availableDays="14" timezone="" version="2.0" />

Timezone there is nothing there, i assume this is the problem but dont know the code or im just way off on my thinking.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

From the fact that your forum profile says you're based in the USA and the fact that you mentioned IMDB, I'm going to guess that you're using WebEPG's IMDB grabber/site.

If my guess is right, a quick forum search would have led you to a solution. For example, here's a thread from 6 months ago which should tell you what you need to know:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/schedule-off-by-3-hours-on-single-channel-webepg.134708/

If my guess is wrong, please tell us which grabber/site you're actually using. It won't be possible for us to help without that information.

Regards,
    mm

Spanky90

December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Hey, I was on that page but i guess it didn't make sense to me. But now i have figured that part out, but my problem isn't fixed. I did copy and paste my url in the web browser and it worked, but when i try to grab the info in the webepg plugin configuration it wont pull anymore info. It did before i messed with the URL. Oh well moving on.

Thanks for all your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So when you say "oh well moving on", does that mean you're giving up, or... what...?

Setting up WebEPG isn't easy. I'm happy to try to help you further. If you'd like my help, you're going to have to give me some details:
    • your zip code
    • your TV provider name
    • your grabber file (use the forum's "upload a file" function to attach it to your reply)
    If you share this then I can check and/or fix the grabber file for you.

Spanky90

December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Yes i was ready to give up, i have been working on this for 3 nights and am frustrated i guess, Maybe i missed something small im not sure. I thought i had it all figured out. When i ran the webepg configuration and hit grab it worked before i edited the grabber file, it was just off a hour. Now when i hit grab it finds nothing.

ZIP 55092
    Provider Century link

THanks again

Attachments

• www_imdb_com.note.txt
      2.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i have been working on this for 3 nights and am frustrated i guess
    After 3 nights it's no wonder!
    In future, please don't hesitate to ask if you're having trouble. We're really friendly and happy to help. :)

Your grabber file seems to have just one small error:
    <Site url="http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/[ID]&amp;start_date=[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/?zip=55092&tv_prov=MN69628" post="" external="false" encoding="" />

<Site url="http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/[ID]&amp;start_date=[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/?zip=55092&amp;tv_prov=MN69628" post="" external="false" encoding="" />

You can blame that on me. I didn't use &amp; when I updated the wiki. I'm very sorry about that.

The attached grabber should be able to pull again now. :)
    Note I haven't added any channels. I'm not able to do that unless you can provide an export of your TV Server channel list.

Attachments

• www_imdb_com [fixed].xml.txt
      2.1 KB

Spanky90

December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    It WORKS! Thanks for the help, i figured it was something small i messed up on. Thanks Again for all your help and for being nice about it, most forums people are rude when you ask for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom