Guide to remote mappings (1 Viewer)

PastorVor

Portal Member
May 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, I spent a couple of days searching and I cannot seem to find any remote documentation at all.
I've got a Firefly remote.
I've installed the posted update to "other X10.xml" and this works pretty good...
But, as anyone with a remote will tell you, it's got to be able to be programmed. Many of the default mappings are inadequate.
If I had something that explained each button mapping it might be a bit better but there's not even that. I have to learn what my remote does by pressing the buttons and hoping something weird doesn't happen. Then, I have to somehow remember what each button did.

In short, I need to be able to remap my remote.
But, I cannot find any documentation explaining how to use the mapping tool or any explaination whatsoever of all the options...
For example: I have no clue what the different layers refer to.

So I ask, does such documentation exist? Even in Techspeak form? Where would I find something that I could use to learn how to use the keymapping tool. I may even try to write my own tutorial if I can find something that will fill in the blanks.

I'm extremely confused and am afraid I may end up having to use the "Beyond Media" program, just to map my remote keys...

Thanks for any help... and, by the way... the "My Videos" portion of MediaPortal is extremely good... Major kudos to whoever added the time seek and FF/RW support. Features not found on top of the line Video programs. Quite nice.

PastorVor

Portal Member
May 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Still nothing?

Ok, how about just a clue towards the mapping to "Restore" Media Portal while it is in the system tray and maybe even the fullscreen/window/minimize toggle?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Remember all remote settings have a keyboard equivalent, these are listed under MP setup\General\Keyboard Shortcuts, so if you want to change something use the learn function if possible.

Or HIP\Girder may be more programmable for your needs.

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Remote Mapping Guide

I have to agree - I am also looking for some guide to remote mapping.

I'm running IR Server Suite, and all the (cursed) iMon plugins, and remote is working with basic mouse fucntionality.

I now want to map the buttons to perform the basic functions - pause a video during playback using the pause button - at the moment I have to right-click, choose 'Previous Window' and then move the mouse cursor up to the top of the screen to click on the pause icon.

I suspect the final piece in this puzzle is telling MP what to do when it receives a particular command from the iMon Pad remote. What I cannot figure out is when I am in the config screen for MP Control Plugin for IR Server, and choose MAP BUTTONS, what I am supposed to do.

I am sure there is some way to tell MP to perform a particular action on receipt of a specific control from my remote. For example, under the REMOTE tab in config screen for MP Control Plugin for IR Server, I see my remote listed as iMON PAD with a '+' next to it, which when expanded shows all the keys available. Each key has a corresponding number. Pause is 1144 - what is the link between this number, and MP accepting this command as meaning pause my video?

Any help greatly appreciated.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Does anyone know how I can set the * and # keys on my MCE remote to do CTRL+SHIFT+4 and CTRL+SHIFT+5 respectively?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    allan81

You would need something like Aaron's IRServerSuite which will run a macro containing those commands, setting up macro's not my forte, sorry, but better posting on that part of forum or google simple macro's, which is what i would do in your position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom