Guidelines for submitting code to the project (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I'm interested in contributing to the MediaPortal project and was wondering if there was any guidelines in place for how to submit fixes, plugins, etc.

I was toying with the idea of writing my own HTPC application until I ran across MediaPortal and would like to contribute where/when I can.

By the way, has anyone considered using SVG for the skins engine rather than dealing with the scaling of images. I know it would be more difficult for people to generate skins but the scriptability and smooth rendering of SVG would be an asset for an HTPC application (IMHO).

-Suicidal

P.S. My background is about 4 years of OpenGL/DirectX driver and game development with about 4 years of Java server developement (with lots of XML, XSL, XSD thrown in).

A

Anonymous

suicidal,
You can submit your code via patch in SourceForge. Once you submit a few, CVS access can be given to you. This is just to test your commitment in the project... I started that way and now I'm part of the dev. team! Frodo is the man so, you can contact him as well. You can join us at #MediaPortal in EFnet to chat!

ebirk

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
Bergen
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi,

I've made a few changes I wanted in the MovieDatabase's IMDB search.

This is the first time i'm doing this, and I have a few questions. How should I post them? Just send all the files I changed? Should they be zipped? Should anything else be included? How much information is needed? Or doesn't it matter?

This thread needs a bit of an update..

regards
E.B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom