Haali MediaSplitter VS. VobSuB & mkv (1 Viewer)

wizard84

Portal Pro
February 23, 2005
I have many problems with these two software....if i install haali mediasplitter, mp can't visualize the sub *.srt (it doesn't load the filter)....i have mediaportal 0.2 RC2 with the last CVS....

i have also an other problem....i can't playback files with this extension...the codecs are installed, wmp 10 playback the files.......the problem is the extension, because one file uses rv10 codec, an other file uses wmv codec.....

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    i don't think i really got your second problem right? MyVideo isn't using WMP to playback files (as far as i am concerned)

is the extension ("this extension" is: ?) added in MP configuration --> movies --> movie extensions ?

wich encoder are you actually using?

wizard84

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2005
    i have found a solution...i have installed the new k-lite codec and the problem of mkv files is resolved...but if i install haali media splitter, the subs aren't visualized...is that normal?the subs are .srt and are placed in the folder with the video file, with the same name.....

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    well this should defintly work (it does for me) the subtitle config is kind of hidden i think (-;..

it's in MPsetup --> movies --> and then on the right side inbetween IMDB and OSD (3rd register) i describe it so exactly beacause i didn't find it for ages when i searched it once (-;

"show subtitles" should be activated and it works for me since .srt is a standard subtitle extension

wizard84

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2005
    mmmm....for now, no solutions.....i have tried to copy the sub into che c:\subtitles folder, but mp doesn't play it............

smnnekho thank you, but it doesn't go :(

wizard84

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2005
    so, i am the only with this problem???everyone can use haali mediasplitter and vobsub with any problems?

helten.dk

March 30, 2006
    so, i am the only with this problem???everyone can use haali mediasplitter and vobsub with any problems?
    Enter the Haali Splitter configuration tool and change Options --> Compability --> Autoload VSFilter to 'Yes'. That made it work for me...

Im using the CCCP codec pack by the way...very light ;-)

wizard84

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2005
    there aren't any effects...i think that mp doesn't allow to start vobsub if haali mediasplitter is active.....
    helten.dk, do you have tihis problem with cccp codec pack?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Make sure that the .srt file in same folder as video.

Hope this helps 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom