Haali Not Working for Certain Files - Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

DGalt

Portal Pro
November 23, 2010
This issue is not specific to MP, which is why I didn't put all my info in, but seeing as this is one of the larger user bases I know of I figured I'd ask here.

So, I've been ripping all my DVDs and Blu-Rays to .mkv files, and until now haven't had any issues with playback.

However, for whatever reason, none of my Dexter blu-ray rips are working will Haali. The files are not corrupted, seeing as they can be opened and played without any errors by both VLC and Boxee. However, neither MP nor Windows Media Player are capable of playing the files (MP freezes but doesn't actually crash, WMP opens the file but it doesn't play).

If I look at Haali's ongoing processes, there an obvious difference between all my other .mkv files and my dexter files. Haali doesn't seem to be able to process these files, for whatever reason.

I'm not particular adept at this stuff, so I don't know what step to take next. I only know of two splitters for .mkv files, and they don't play nice with each other.

Thoughts?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Haali Not Working for Certain Files - Suggestions?

Hello.
    Haali seems to be dead, no improvement since a long time. I'm testing lavf Splitter right now. No problems so far. Seems to be a real alternative...

DGalt

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2010
    Does lavf work out of the box with MP? Or do you need to play around with some stuff first?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Haali Not Working for Certain Files - Suggestions?

Hi.
    I have finished my Tests with Lavf. I have delete it. To much droped Frames (2 per second) on all kind of Videos handled by Lavf. Switch back to Haali and all went OK again. I will try again some later Versions, but for now it's unusable...

Another alternative is the MKV Splitter from MPC-HC wich is available with DSFilterpack. Havn't found the time to test this up to now.

Splitters are always working (or not ;) ) without any configuration inside of MePo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom