[Hack] Fix Dim Icon Views (1 Viewer)

BennTech

Portal Member
February 8, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I like the Titan skin, but I hate the darkness of the Icon, Big Icon, and Banner views. The unfocused items are so dark that I find them basically unusable. Maybe some people like that, but I don't. What's the point in whole page of icons if the only one you can really see is the highlighted one? Besides, the focused icon already has a big blue box around it making it easy to see which is highlighted, so why make the other icons so dim?

The problem is the setting <unfocusedAlpha> in the skin's XML files. This has a range of 0-255 decimal or 00-FF hex: 0 is completely transparent, 255 or FF is completely opaque. By default, Titan has this set to 100, which means the all the unfocused icons are over half transparent. Setting unfocusedAlpha to 255 or FF will keep the unfocused icons bright enough to actually see them. (I set mine to 204 or CC, which is just a tiny bit dimmer than the focused icon.)

Here are the files you need to change. These are located in "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan", which by default is usually "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan". Search these files for the tag unfocusedAlpha and change the 100 to a larger number (e.g., 204 or 255).
  • common.facade.pictures.xml
  • common.facade.music.xml
  • common.facade.radio.xml
  • common.facade.video.default.xml
  • myonlinevideos.facade.xml
  • TVSeries.facade.widebanner.4x2.xml
  • TVSeries.facade.widebanner.6x2.xml
  • TVSeries.facade.widebanner.7x4.xml
  • TVSeries.facade.widebanner.default.xml
You can just change the ones you use--the filenames should be self-explanatory. Note that these will revert back to the dim setting when you upgrade, so you'll need to reapply this hack each time you upgrade (or at least until the MP developers see the futility of icons that you can't see and implement this change in the skin). ;-)

palarsen

Portal Member
August 12, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
So happy I found this post! You solved the only complaint I had about this skin. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom