Handling of Bonus Disks (1 Viewer)

someone86

Portal Member
October 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

What is the best way of dealing with Bonus Disks?
If I enter both ISO's seperated with a ";" then the Bonus Disk ist always played after the Film, this is not what I want.
Is there a possibility to display a dialog in which I can select the Disk to start and only start the selected one?
It would be good to have Infos about the Disk in the select Dialog (at least the Filename), this is missing in the normal Disk Select dialog.

someone86

Portal Member
October 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried it, its OK if you only have a singe Bonus Disk, but when you have multiple Bonus Disks + various editions (2D/3D/Cinema Cut/Extend Cut) then there are quite a lot entries for a single Movie.
For all those entries I also need the same Backtrops but with different filenames because of the Title postfix e.g. "[BONUS]".
Because the Movie is Grouped I can not see the description and rating while I browse my list, I first have to go into the group.

It would be good if I can group the Files in the Source Field for a single Entry and display a dialog after I decide to hit play.
e.g.:

Database Field: [[X:\2D.iso||2D Version]][[X:\3D.iso||3D Version]][[X:\SSE_Disk1.iso;X:\SSE_Disk2.iso||SSE 2 Disk Edition]]

Dialog:
Code:
#########################
##                     ##
##  2D Version         ##
##  3D Version         ##
##  SSE 2 Disk Edition ##
##                     ##
#########################

If I have some time next week, I will take a look a the Source Code and try to implement something like this.
Unless this Feature already exists and I missed it :D

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Handling of Bonus Disks

You could used deeper hierarchies:
    movieABC\movieABC
    movieABC\BonusMaterial\2D Version
    movieABC\BonusMaterial\3D Version
    movieABC\BonusMaterial\SSE Version

Thus you only get tweo entried when you enter the collection.

Alternatively, you could try Playlists - they should work, but I never used nor tested them:

- Put the playlist in source field - so you only get a single entry in your catalog
    - Put the main movie and special editions in your playlist

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF: MovieABC
    E:\Video\MovieABC\Disc 1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
    #EXTINF: MovieABC 2D Version
    E:\Video\MovieABC\Disc 2\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
    #EXTINF: MovieABC 4D Version
    E:\Video\MovieABC\Disc 3\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO

Not sure, if the name will be displayed - maybe others can comment about their eperiences!?

someone86

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried using the discribed playlist but it only display the multi-part film dialog and after playing the first one it starts the second item.
    The name ist not displayed anywhere.

Attachments

• m3u.jpg
      m3u.jpg
      104.2 KB

someone86

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As described in Post #3 I implemented a version select dialog based on the newest SVN 1858.
    I added a source field select box for the menu filed in the database to the config form.
    If you play a Film and have at least one entry in the database field the menu is displayed.
    If not used it falls back to use the "DB Item for Movie Source Info" field.

The changed source files are attached in the zip file.

It would be nice if this Featue make it in the normal myFilms version, so maybe one of the developers take a look on it :)

Attachments

• Select Version.jpg
      Select Version.jpg
      180.4 KB
    • MyFilms Setup.jpg
      MyFilms Setup.jpg
      155.9 KB
    • Version Select for MyFilms SVN 1858.zip
      209.8 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Handling of Bonus Disks

As described in Post #3 I implemented a version select dialog based on the newest SVN 1858.
    I added a source field select box for the menu filed in the database to the config form.
    If you play a Film and have at least one entry in the database field the menu is displayed.
    If not used it falls back to use the "DB Item for Movie Source Info" field.

The changed source files are attached in the zip file.

It would be nice if this Featue make it in the normal myFilms version, so maybe one of the developers take a look on it :)
    Hi someone86,
    thanks for supporting MyFilms!
    Tbh, I would prefer a solution, that would not require another setting in setup - so many ppl are complaining about the setup to be too complicated already.
    I like the idea offering the user to choose the version and I understand, you don't want to have multiple entries in your browselist for them.
    However, to make it properly, I think it requires also adding and exposing at least a property, so skinners have the ability to notify if there is multiple editions present. And why not use the above mentioned playlists and/or the existing possibility to add multiple files into the source field and handle them as editions? It would maybe better fit into the concept and less break consistance!?
    For that case we would just add an option to control if multiple media files (either in playlist or in source field) should behandled as now - or offer the user a selection dialog.
    For Sourcefield, only file info is possible - for playlists, the display of the title is possible (see post above).
    If you provide code for myfilms, please post patch files, as they're much easier to review.
    Please open an issue on google code, if you would like to get that into MyFilms, so other users can "star" it.

someone86

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My opinion is the more options the better :D.
    I just like to have the flexibility to use my mediacenter exactly like I want, but I understand that its not so easy for some users as for me.
    Display a list for a EXTM3U playlist or multiple media files in source field should not be a problem, but at least for the source field approach you can`t mix the list + play the next file behavior.
    For e.g. I have a SSE Edition (Lord of the Rings) where the Main Movie is split to 2 discs and the Theatrical Cut is one disk, in this case I want 2 entries in the list one for the SSE and one for the Theatrical Cut version, the SSE entry should contain both disks and play the second disk after disk 1 ends.
    With a playlist this is no problem but I found it more User friendly to configure all in the database instead of creating a playlist for all films with different editions.

I can`t make a patch file with Tortoise SVN because some files marked als Binary "Cannot display: file marked as a binary type.
    svn:mime-type = application/octet-stream"

Next week I take a took to see if I can implement something without additional configuration, that hopefully makes all users happy:)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Handling of Bonus Disks

My opinion is the more options the better :D.
    I just like to have the flexibility to use my mediacenter exactly like I want, but I understand that its not so easy for some users as for me.
    Display a list for a EXTM3U playlist or multiple media files in source field should not be a problem, but at least for the source field approach you can`t mix the list + play the next file behavior.
    True. For such a scenario, currently using hierarchies comes closest to that - at the "cost" of having multiple entries in the DB for the versions.
    For e.g. I have a SSE Edition (Lord of the Rings) where the Main Movie is split to 2 discs and the Theatrical Cut is one disk, in this case I want 2 entries in the list one for the SSE and one for the Theatrical Cut version, the SSE entry should contain both disks and play the second disk after disk 1 ends.
    With a playlist this is no problem but I found it more User friendly to configure all in the database instead of creating a playlist for all films with different editions.
    I understand that - I never used playlists mostly because of the same reason - and because playlists aren't populated during scans, so it's a fully manual process and you can't see e.g. in AMC, what is the content of the playlist.
    I can`t make a patch file with Tortoise SVN because some files marked als Binary "Cannot display: file marked as a binary type.
    svn:mime-type = application/octet-stream"
    You could at least create a patch with such files excluded for the code itself. Are you using latest tourtoise svn client?

someone86

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: Handling of Bonus Disks

You could at least create a patch with such files excluded for the code itself. Are you using latest tourtoise svn client?

I just updated to 1.7.3, it still does not work.
    I can create patch files with code for new files or for files that has no proberty entry svn:mime-type with the value application/octet-stream.
    I`ve attached the file I get when I create a patch over the relevant files.

Attachments

• patchfile.patch
      1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom