[no Bug] Hang on end of music playing, other impressions of MP 1.3.0 beta (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Here are my first impressions of MP 1.3.0. I am adding them to this bug report, because I haven't found another venue for general feedback on 1.3.0
    1. Perhaps this is a skinning problem, but in both DefaultWide and Titan the TV logos appear smaller to me than in 1.2.3. They don't appear to fill out the space available in the lines of the TV guide.
    2. The genre highlighting isn't working for me in either skin, but perhaps this is due to inadequate information from the (cable) provider.
    3. The expansion of the settings available for change in the GUI settings plugin is a vast improvement.
    4. The ability to switch skins "on-the-fly" is quite impressive.
    5. When I change configuration settings in an RDP session, MP is now smart enough to restart in the original local session, instead of trying to start in my RDP sesssion. Hooray!
    6. Since installing 1.3.0 (upgrade from 1.2.3) I am unable to play any TV recordings (regardless of whether they were made before or after the upgrade). Perhaps this is due to having accepted the suggested installation of LAV filters, but it seems that they are needed for the new BluRay playback support.
    7. In both skins there is now more space allocated to title display in Music - Now Playing, as well as on other screens when music is playing. This is a great improvement, especially for classical music.
    8. Now the bug: at the finish of a music playlist (Beethoven's Symphony #3) MP hung (became unresponsive), and could not be stopped except through task manager (logs attached).

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1. Since installing 1.3.0 (upgrade from 1.2.3) I am unable to play any TV recordings (regardless of whether they were made before or after the upgrade). Perhaps this is due to having accepted the suggested installation of LAV filters, but it seems that they are needed for the new BluRay playback support.

Definitely not a general problem.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    1. Since installing 1.3.0 (upgrade from 1.2.3) I am unable to play any TV recordings (regardless of whether they were made before or after the upgrade). Perhaps this is due to having accepted the suggested installation of LAV filters, but it seems that they are needed for the new BluRay playback support.

Definitely not a general problem.
    It is clearly due to LAV (or more likely its incorrect configuration), as uninstalling it (using MPEI) rendered most of my TV recordings playable again. I have only found one that doesn't play (no error message, just comes back to the list after a fraction of a second, even though the recording is supposed to be about 3/4 of an hour).
    I haven't yet been able to reproduce the music hang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom