Harddrive accessing causes stutter (2 Viewers)

fpouels

Portal Member
April 16, 2005
Bennekom
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
To pause TV you can always
- leave fullscreen TV
- enable timeshifting
- goto fullscreen TV
- press pause
but if you use pause often, I agree this is not what you want.

Your MP settings are very similar to mine, same versions, same codecs. I have never had these stuttering problems with 0.1.3.0. And because lately some related posts about this problem have been raised, I don't think the solution can be found in defragmenting, dma-settings etc. (although these tips are very helpfull !) So maybe it is related to the RC2 timeshifting (which is also accessing the hard disk) ?

Just to show others are experiencing the same problem, another related (?) problem, at the end of the webinterface topic:

"any reason why everytime you load a page it causes TV to jump really badly (to a state where its actually unwatchable) for a few seconds? "
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3216&start=360
(loading a page in webinterface = hard disk access -> stutter)

Edit: I just noticed its you (computer) having this problem with the webinterface, so this is related :oops:

computer

Portal Member
December 10, 2005
Yeah I tend to use pause quite a lot :(

lol I seem to be having a lot of problems with stuttery harddrive access related playing problems. Is there a good tool for monitoring harddrive access speeds?

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Anti Virus?

Hi computer,

I was having big stutter and hangin' problems and some other issues because of my virus scanner. It was set to 'check all files while accessed' or what ever this option is called.

I can imagine that it's not very clever to virus-check the timeshift file while MP is writing it ... :!:

Defining MP's directories not to be ckecked did solve that problem.

thanks+regards
WeWe

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
I appear to be having a similar issue with the stuttering with hard drive access. However i can timeshift without any issues until my timeshift buffer fills and thens starts dropping content. Set to an hour at the moment and it is to the minute that the problem occurs. Don't have my support template at the moment but I did not have the problem with 0.1.3.0.

is any one else seeing the probl;em only with a full timeshift buffer?

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom