hardware players (1 Viewer)

dorijan

Portal Pro
November 30, 2006
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi to all

I was thinking how to implement tv/media server solution to whole house with multiple TV receivers and couple of tv sets...
So the best solution would be one computer with TV server and couple of tuners, and some thin clients that would connect to TV server. I was thinking for something like this
Lan 2.5" HDD AV media Recorder/Player DVD/AVI Host1080i - eBay (item 230292521753 end time May-16-09 12:20:00 PDT)

it cost around 100$ and it would be great if could connect to tv server...
Does anyone know any other player that can connect to mediaportal, or now how to contact this manufacturer, or any other manufacturer that would incorporate client for tv server?

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've never seen that product before, but it looks like it has some sort of proprietary OS/interface. If you plan to use MP on your clients, you should check to be sure that you can install it on those boxes. I don't have any way of knowing, but I'd be surprised if those boxes can interact with the MP TVserver without MP installed. Maybe the software can directly interact with your tuners anyway?

dorijan

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I am aware that this unit has probably proprietary software, but I think it would be good to have such device that would be able to connect to tv server. I will try to contact the manufacturer, and maybe try to persuade them to implement it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom