Hardware, software or both issues? (1 Viewer)

Penbrock2

Portal Member
December 18, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been using MP1 ever since Window$ 10 removed media center and have come to love it. I have it running 3 TVs and running on my computer where most recording is done. I seem to always have 2 minor but annoying issues.

1) Slow returning to MP after stopping video (Live TV, recorded series, and saved movies as well as streaming videos). We do have a LOT of shows (6,000+ movies and 400+ TV series). The delay is from 30 sec to 90 sec. Is this an issue with my hardware, software, database?

2) At times video does not start. Sound is working and I find I have to go start another show, stop it and then the one I wanted will play.
Again can it be hardware,software, codex?

I have cheaper video cards in all the systems. Would getting ones with hardware encoding/decoding help?

All systems are at least 4core 8g ram. We have a number of plugings installed. LAVfilers, Logo Manager, iptv, moving pictures, onlinevideos, MP-TVseries and all run the PureVisionHD 1080 skin

Any help where to start looking would be great, Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Penbrock2

I'd hazard to say that nobody will be able to even begin to give you authoritative answers to the sorts of questions you're asking without access to log files. As usual for such questions: there are many possible answers/explanations. We could speculate endlessly, but without a grounding on fact, that could lead us on a time-consuming wild goose chase that doesn't solve the problems. This is why we always ask people to provide log files when asking for help.

In your case I suggest to ensure MediaPortal's log verbosity setting is set to 'debug'. Then, after you encounter each problem, close MP, and use the provided Watchdog tool with option 3 to export full log files. You can attach the resulting zip file to your next reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom