Harmony 555 Remote sending ESC? Howto? (1 Viewer)

Ibeg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0RC2
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: Vista 32
    CPU Type: AMD DualCore
    HDD: 500 GB
    Memory: 2GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 780G
    Video Card: onboard ATI
    Video Card Driver: 8.4
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FireDTV DVBC
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ATI MPEG2 Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MS-Codec/ffdshow (testing)
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi, I have a question.
    Got a new harmony 555 and I like to map the prev button from sending "Prv. Menu" to sending "Prev. Window".
    This is the ESC command at a keyboard. But how can I do that?
    The hamrony is runng as a MCE Remote and I activated the MS MCE Pluggin in the MP Config tool.
    I havent installed any other remote pluggins.

Greetings Ibeg

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Your timing is impecable; I just got this working last night. I'm using iMon on the Antec fusion for the remote. I'm also typing this from memory so I may get this wrong...

1. First, set up the Harmony as a MCE Remote and activate the MCE as your remote in the MP Config tool (as you've done).
    2. I mapped the MCE 'clear' button to the Harmony 'prev' button (MCE does not have a Prev button). Do this in the logitech wizard thing.
    3. In iMon Manager, click on Settings > Windows command. One of the functions listed here is the ESC key. Map this to the MCE 'Clear' button. If you are not using iMon, you should have a way of mapping your remote on the Antec - the key is to map the keyboard ESC key to the MCE Clear button.
    4. You're good to go!

Under 'program command' I added MediaPortal and mapped all the remote buttons to MP commands. These are now activated in iMon (when I press the remote button, I get the corresponding text in the LCD display), but they don't work in MediaPortal. Not sure why, except that these functions (play, FF, 1-9, etc) also didn't work when I tried with a borrowed a MCE remote.

Hope this helps...

EDIT: I got this working last night. The trick was not mapping under the 'program command' tab in iMon but to add MediaPortal to the 'software' tab and then map each remote button. My 'breakthrough' was to make sure that each command was mapped to the remote AND to a keyboard stroke.

Ibeg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the info SwissBuster.
    I have deactivated the Antec iMon. I'm using the MS IR receiver.
    With the Antec iMon, I have some problems. The Antec IR receiver has some "trouble" with my tuner remote.
    After pressing some keys at the tuner remote, the Antec led display shows strange symbols and the receiver hangs. I have to reboot to fx this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom