[solved] Harmony 650 with Dell Ir Receiver (1 Viewer)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,
I've just upgraded my Mediaportal from 1.12 to 1.14 and for some reason I cannot get the Info button to bring up the information like it used to. It makes the info panel turn on and off very fast (flashes it). When I use HID Demo all other buttons show two actions (1 down 1 up) but they have the same scan code. The info button however shows two different codes for the button down vs up - "020000" and "020902" respectively. I'm guessing the first code is turning on the Info panel and the second code is turning it off. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Rob

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
As it turns out, it seems only the generic keyboard commands (arrows,select etc) work. All the other buttons seem to create two actions, one on button press and one on button release. Which logs should I upload ?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @rspierenburg Get the MediaPortal logs using our Watchdog and upload them here.
    Please also give us relevant screenshots and logs from HID Demo.
    Did you give it a try with your original remote instead of the Harmony?

When I use HID Demo all other buttons show two actions (1 down 1 up) but they have the same scan code.
    That could be the problem. I'll need to see this on screenshots and logs.

Make sure you check our HID Known Issues too.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK. So I've figured out the issue, but not the solution. In my earlier post I neglected to mention that I was using the IRSS to blast channel changes. As soon as I disable IRSS the remote works as normal.

So my new question becomes, is it possible to Blast channel changes to my STB without IRSS, or alternately, how do I setup IRSS to fully integrate to MediaPortal?

Thanks for the help so far.
    Rob

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So my new question becomes, is it possible to Blast channel changes to my STB without IRSS...
    Maybe. It's not possible to give a certain answer to this question unless you tell us what kind of blaster you're using. (I don't want to make the mistake of wrongly assuming the blaster is built into your Dell receiver.)

...or alternately, how do I setup IRSS to fully integrate to MediaPortal?
    You'd disable MP's built-in remote control handling (ie. generic HID) and rely on the MP-Control plugin supplied with IRSS.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This is the receiver and yes the blaster is built in.
    https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Micr...dp/B0041EATS4?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I tried disabling the HID remote in MP Config, but the issue persists, this tells me that the TV3 Blaster Plugin/IRSS is probably overriding the MP Config settings, so hopefully there is a way to avoid IRSS and blast channel changes some other way. Or find a way to setup IRSS properly.

Rob

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is the receiver and yes the blaster is built in.
    Okay. That's a WMC-compatible transceiver. Currently IRSS provides the only way for TV Server to use the transmitters (blasters), therefore you're stuck with IRSS. That's not a bad thing.

I tried disabling the HID remote in MP Config...
    ...and all other handlers [in MP Config] are already disabled, right?

this tells me that the TV3 Blaster Plugin/IRSS is probably overriding the MP Config settings
    Hmmm, I have the impression you may be a little confused. I think it's important to clearly understand...

Only one program can use WMC-compatible transceivers like yours at any given time. In your case that one program must be IRSS, because IRSS is the only program that can enable TV Server to use the transmitter side and MediaPortal to use the receiver side simultaneously. Naturally if IRSS has control of the transceiver, MP won't have control. Therefore it's no surprise that MP Config's HID settings don't have any effect. The things that will have an effect [on the remote/receiver behaviour] are:
    1. Harmony remote configuration (ie. profile).
    2. IRSS configuration.
    3. IRSS MP-Control plugin configuration.
    In saying this, I'm assuming you're not using any application (including IRSS Translator) that would modify the input from the remote.

On the first point: my assumption is that you've configured the remote with a WMC-compatible profile. Please confirm.

On the second point: in IRSS Input Service configuration, the Microsoft MCE plugin should have a tick for both receive and transmit. For safety/certainty, all the other plugins should be unticked. There is also configuration for the Microsoft MCE plugin. I have assumed that you're using the default configuration, and my understanding is that the default configuration should just work.

On the third point: the mapping in the MP-Control plugin is crucial, because it determines what each remote button will do in MediaPortal. I suspect the solution to your problem lies in re-learning and/or re-mapping the buttons here.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In saying this, I'm assuming you're not using any application (including IRSS Translator) that would modify the input from the remote.
    This is correct.

On the first point: my assumption is that you've configured the remote with a WMC-compatible profile. Please confirm.
    Also correct.

On the second point: in IRSS Input Service configuration, the Microsoft MCE plugin should have a tick for both receive and transmit. For safety/certainty, all the other plugins should be unticked. There is also configuration for the Microsoft MCE plugin. I have assumed that you're using the default configuration, and my understanding is that the default configuration should just work.
    Once again..Correct :)

Well thank you for all your help. I am going to try to remap all the other buttons in the TV3-Blaster plugin and see what happens. Just to be certain though, there is no actual MP IRSS Plugin, just the TV3-Blaster plugin for the TV-Server, correct?

Thanks again,
    Robert

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Robert

Well thank you for all your help.
    You're very welcome. That's what I'm here for. :)

I am going to try to remap all the other buttons in the TV3-Blaster plugin and see what happens. Just to be certain though, there is no actual MP IRSS Plugin, just the TV3-Blaster plugin for the TV-Server, correct?
    No, not correct.

IRSS supplies the TV3 Blaster plugin for TV Server... and the MP Control plugin for MediaPortal. The MP Control one is the one you need to be dealing with, because that's the one that handles the remote control and its button mappings.

If you don't see that plugin in MediaPortal Configuration -> plugins section then you'll need to reinstall IRSS to get it. The IRSS installer contains the option to install it. From memory the option is in the same screen as the option to install the TV3 Blaster plugin.

Finally, make sure you have (or get) the latest version of IRSS from -->here<--. The MP Control plugin contained in older versions is no longer compatible with the latest MediaPortal releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom