Harmony Hub and Inteset PC-IRS5 motherboard ir (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hoang

December 30, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
Been trying to get this motherboard ir device to work with my harmony hub and turn my computer on but I'm not sure if I'm even doing is correctly. I have a harmony hub remote 650, and when I add a device I'm selecting Media Center PC. After that it just says I'm done creating a device and nothing works. I don't have a speicifc remote from the IRS5 to send an ir signal to my harmony hub or harmony remote so I'm in need of some help. Thanks

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Welcome to our forum @Kevin Hoang.

I have a harmony hub remote 650
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Harmony Hub is one thing and Harmony Remote 650 is something else.
    I never owned an Harmony Remote 650 but to my knowledge it is not compatible with Harmony Hub.

Either way I'm pretty sure Harmony Hub and Remotes are using the same devices. Mine is setup with "HP Media Center" and "MCE Keyboard", though you may find many other devices and possibly the one you mentioned should be working too. You may also need to setup an activity using your device.

For your Inteset PC-IRS5 to work with MP1 you need to make sure HID is enabled in your configuration.
    For testing your setup without MediaPortal you can use our HID Demo.
    Make sure you connected your Inteset PC-IRS5 as per the instruction manual.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to come back here if you need further assistance.

Kevin Hoang

December 30, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Welcome to our forum @Kevin Hoang.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Harmony Hub is one thing and Harmony Remote 650 is something else.
    I never owned an Harmony Remote 650 but to my knowledge it is not compatible with Harmony Hub.

Either way I'm pretty sure Harmony Hub and Remotes are using the same devices. Mine is setup with "HP Media Center" and "MCE Keyboard", though you may find many other devices and possibly the one you mentioned should be working too. You may also need to setup an activity using your device.

For your Inteset PC-IRS5 to work with MP1 you need to make sure HID is enabled in your configuration.
    For testing your setup without MediaPortal you can use our HID Demo.
    Make sure you connected your Inteset PC-IRS5 as per the instruction manual.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to come back here if you need further assistance.

Wow it was that easy... Maybe I should pay a little more attention to detail. Thank you so much, everything works great now!

Kevin Hoang

December 30, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My problem was I didn't set and change the name to Microsoft Media Center. But now I'm getting another problem, it doesn't seem to work consistently, it only works sometimes. Any ideas?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My problem was I didn't set and change the name to Microsoft Media Center.
    The name of what, where?

But now I'm getting another problem, it doesn't seem to work consistently, it only works sometimes. Any ideas?
    What do you mean? In which way?
    Did you place the IR eye in a spot that would guaranty consistent reception of the IR signal coming from your remote?

Kevin Hoang

December 30, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    For devices, I have been putting the model number and device brand instead of Microsoft Windows Media Center. And yes I'm sure I have put it in a good spot since everytime I press the power button the IR device itself gives a red blink everything it's pressed. Happy New Years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom