Harmony Smart Control freezes (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I am using Logitech's Harmony Smart Control system for my main HTPC in the living.

Smart-Control1.jpg

For quite some time I experience the problem that after some key-presses, the hub is not transmitting the commands to the devices anymore but is literally frozen. After a short time, maybe 20-30 seconds, the hub then executes all the key-presses that it received during the freeze at once. This is making the hub virtually unusable :(. It appears to have been a common issue with this Logitech device, see for example here and here (where Logitech claims that the problems is resolved but i's not).

I've updated the firmware to the latest version 4.15.96. This helped - for maybe half an hour, then the problem reappeared.

Anybody else experienced the same troubles and maybe found a solution?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use that Hub sporadically and I never came across that issue. I can't tell you which version of the firmware I'm running. I'm not even sure how to check it out.

The Hub is in the living room and it's mostly used to automate tasks using CIC, things like 3D switch and 'TV on' after long sleeps.
    Occasionally I cast the screen to the kitchen TV and use the Android app to control MediaPortal through the Hub from there.
    However the one Logitech Harmony 950 remote I use most often is not paired with the Hub and is talking directly to the HTPC via its built-in IR.
    Maybe it's worth noting that my Hub is not connected to the PC via USB, it's just connected to a power socket on the wall.

The guy on that thread you linked to is saying you need to downgrade the firmware to fix the issue.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, but it’s a really old thread and Logitech claims that the problem was solved in later firmware releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom