MP2 - V2.4 Has anyone encountered issues upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4.1? (1 Viewer)

Eddy White

Portal Member
April 2, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I see the instructions say just uninstall 2.3 and install 2.4.1.
My concern is losing all my configuration settings.
I cannot find anything that says what needs to be done to ensure there is no loss of configuration without a lot of work.
Thanks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see the instructions say just uninstall 2.3 and install 2.4.1.
    My concern is losing all my configuration settings.
    I cannot find anything that says what needs to be done to ensure there is no loss of configuration without a lot of work.
    Thanks.
    Only MP2.4 is released since a few days, there is no MP2.4.1 available yet, but development just started.
    With regard to MP2.4 there is no risk in updating, the database structure is the same. You can backup your settings by copying
    1. "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\" elsewhere (Full backup, incl. Database)
    2. "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\" and "...\MP2-Server\Config\" elwhere (Only settings backup)
    In case you would have issues with MP2.4, you just need to uninstall it, restore the backup settings and re-install MP2.3.

Eddy White

Portal Member
    April 2, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry, I was reading about 2.4.1 and thought about it when typing this inquiry
    Much appreciate the info, I will get this going in the next few weeks and share my experience.
    Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom