Has anyone made a plugin to help archiving watched material?

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by Alderian, April 30, 2015.

1. Alderian

Alderian Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there, I'm trying to work out a solution to a problem - running out of space on my main library drives and moving movies and TV series files to an archive. I was wondering if anyone has set a procedure for this, or if a plugin has been made. My media server has standard SATA drives for current and unwatched media, and a USB Drobo for archived, maybe watch again, media. There are a few issues here:

1. I don't know what everyone in the family has watched, at least if I had a mechanism to determine that I could auto-archive movies after a month or so.
    2. If I could access their rating of it I could also integrate that into the archiving process (ie keep, recompress down, or delete).
    3. Finally, retaining the watched/recently added after moving media - this is really annoying

Any ideas anyone? I'm starting to think if the databases were on, or sync'd to, the media server I could mess around with that for the watched flags and ratings, then maybe move files and amend DB records again to repoint it to the new location.

Bugger - I think that might be the solution, but I don't have anywhere near the time to develop it. Anyone know if I'm on the right track?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Edalex
    • Premium Supporter

Edalex Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +1,229 / 9
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Show System Specs
    As I think you could see watched/unwatched status in recording. I saw some plugins for moving/encoding redording for smaller size but noone was dealing with watched status I'm afraid.

4. Alderian

Alderian Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was more concerned with Moving Pictures and TV Series content, as when I move that it tends to show up in those plugins as recently added.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!