Has anyone made a plugin to help archiving watched material? (1 Viewer)

Alderian

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm trying to work out a solution to a problem - running out of space on my main library drives and moving movies and TV series files to an archive. I was wondering if anyone has set a procedure for this, or if a plugin has been made. My media server has standard SATA drives for current and unwatched media, and a USB Drobo for archived, maybe watch again, media. There are a few issues here:

1. I don't know what everyone in the family has watched, at least if I had a mechanism to determine that I could auto-archive movies after a month or so.
2. If I could access their rating of it I could also integrate that into the archiving process (ie keep, recompress down, or delete).
3. Finally, retaining the watched/recently added after moving media - this is really annoying

Any ideas anyone? I'm starting to think if the databases were on, or sync'd to, the media server I could mess around with that for the watched flags and ratings, then maybe move files and amend DB records again to repoint it to the new location.

Bugger - I think that might be the solution, but I don't have anywhere near the time to develop it. Anyone know if I'm on the right track?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    As I think you could see watched/unwatched status in recording. I saw some plugins for moving/encoding redording for smaller size but noone was dealing with watched status I'm afraid.

Alderian

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was more concerned with Moving Pictures and TV Series content, as when I move that it tends to show up in those plugins as recently added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom