Has restart mp on resume feature come back in 1.4 final?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by richardc1983, June 19, 2013.

1. richardc1983

richardc1983 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +25 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had to downgrade back to 1.3 from the 1.4 beta as this option was missing and I was getting problems with the server being woke up.

Don't want to upgrade to the final if this option isn't back as its really useful. Without it mp crashes on resume on 2 of my clients despite trying many different things.

Thank you

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Django.edwards

Django.edwards Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Show System Specs
  4. richardc1983

richardc1983 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +25 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please can we have this option back. All my clients other than mp installed on the main server will not resume. I get a black screen or a frozen mp on say the guide or home screen for about 4 mins before I can use it. Sometimes it doesn't do anything if you control alt and delete it says mp is not responding.

Why remove this option when those with older computers used this option.[DOUBLEPOST=1372334895][/DOUBLEPOST]Someone suggested on another post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...sume-functionality.119308/page-2#post-1006902

It looks like the equivalent of this missing feature is to run the restart.vbs script from c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ folder via the task scheduler based on the following event the resuming from standby returns:
    Log: System
    Source: Power-Troubleshooter
    Event ID: 1

However this doesn't work and the script doesn't run.

5. c128

c128 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Oh dear - has this really been removed and, if so, is there a reason why?

Restarting Mediaportal on resume is pretty much essential in my system as it avoids issues with an Argus TV server setup. I hadn't tried any of the 1.4 RCs etc, but upgraded to the 1.4 final as I didn't see anything in the changes list about this.

6. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    AFAIK the idea was that the restart on resume was introduced as a work around because of some bugs in the code, the identified bugs causing this problem have been fixed, so the option has been removed. This should allow any other problems that we didn't know about to come to light so we can fix them as well. (That is the general gist of it, from my recollection and some posts that I think were made by Scythe, although I maybe miss-quoting :)

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!