Has restart mp on resume feature come back in 1.4 final? (1 Viewer)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I had to downgrade back to 1.3 from the 1.4 beta as this option was missing and I was getting problems with the server being woke up.

Don't want to upgrade to the final if this option isn't back as its really useful. Without it mp crashes on resume on 2 of my clients despite trying many different things.

Thank you

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Please can we have this option back. All my clients other than mp installed on the main server will not resume. I get a black screen or a frozen mp on say the guide or home screen for about 4 mins before I can use it. Sometimes it doesn't do anything if you control alt and delete it says mp is not responding.

Why remove this option when those with older computers used this option.[DOUBLEPOST=1372334895][/DOUBLEPOST]Someone suggested on another post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...sume-functionality.119308/page-2#post-1006902

It looks like the equivalent of this missing feature is to run the restart.vbs script from c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ folder via the task scheduler based on the following event the resuming from standby returns:
Log: System
Source: Power-Troubleshooter
Event ID: 1

However this doesn't work and the script doesn't run.

c128

Portal Member
July 17, 2007
Oh dear - has this really been removed and, if so, is there a reason why?

Restarting Mediaportal on resume is pretty much essential in my system as it avoids issues with an Argus TV server setup. I hadn't tried any of the 1.4 RCs etc, but upgraded to the 1.4 final as I didn't see anything in the changes list about this.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    AFAIK the idea was that the restart on resume was introduced as a work around because of some bugs in the code, the identified bugs causing this problem have been fixed, so the option has been removed. This should allow any other problems that we didn't know about to come to light so we can fix them as well. (That is the general gist of it, from my recollection and some posts that I think were made by Scythe, although I maybe miss-quoting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom