Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In an german Forum was Report that GB Brix has a heating Problem as well as the Haswell CPU.

EDIT: But it's good to know that after all the time Intel has fixed their crappy refresh rate handling.

Last edited:

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    I just got a 4770s and a asus sabertooth z87 mobo... And somewhere between that and going from windows 7 -> 8, something is messed up... I couldnt play video files or watch tv, but i've found out that messing with renders/codecs on audio and video sort of works... grrr will try to narrow it down before i post an actual bug report ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1370374088][/DOUBLEPOST]And also the dynamic refresh rate changer seems to fuck shit up on my new config ;)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had the same issue, you need to play a file first with win 8's video app. It probably needs to be updated too, then u need to play a video again in the video app. Kinda annoying, but that's what u gotta do.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I also heard anecdotal reports that they run quite hot, so are harder to overclock without them getting toasty.
    Lots of improvements in the new Haswell CPU, especially for quicksync
    Is faster quicksync give faster transcoding of video for streaming?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Intel's Haswell - An HTPC Perspective: Media Playback, 4K and QuickSync Evaluated
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/7007/intels-haswell-an-htpc-perspective

^ makes me wish we could use MadVR with MePo
    Did you see:
    Our overall conclusion is that Haswell takes discrete GPUs out of the equation for a vast majority of HTPC users. The few who care about advanced madVR scaling algorithms (such as Jinc and the anti-ringing filters for Lanczos) may need to fork out for a discrete GPU, but even those will probably be of the higher end variety rather than the entry level GT 640s and AMD 7750s that we have been suggesting so far.
    Using a GFX card instead of the onboard kinda kills the power consumption pro of the system. :)

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yup, if i was using madVR i'd be using with a discrete GPU so could use all the advanced settings :) I didn't realise how much madVR could do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom