Hauppage PVR350 - no output? (1 Viewer)

hooners

Portal Member
November 15, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Oops...Hauppauge...lol

I currently am running MP 0.2.3 on XP professional sp2 with all patches recommended on home page, media player 11, etc.

I have a Hauppage PVR350 installed and it appears to be working fine on the capture side...but I cannot for the life of me use the video out from it to get a picture up to my TV?? I've used gbpvr for the last few years and was psyched once I saw how much better MP ran so I am ready to jump on board...but how do I get an output to a TV?

Does MP offer a way to run it on the screen AND be sending it via a media card to a TV simultaneously...or is it literally a single output and I need to run my video card out through s-video/full screen and have the single video display? I'm used to seeing a window on my screen and then going upstairs and seeing that window in full size on my flatscreen tv.

Can I use the pvr350 for an output to a tv? Thanks!

-hooners

jhalpin

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
Bay Area
Home Country
PVR350 - No Output

Hooners,

I have a PVR350, but only use it for input. I have a second video card that has an S-Video and DVI out for connecting to a TV/Monitor. I don't think the PVR350 has the ability to convert the video signal for viewing on a TV, only a monitor.

----------------
Now playing: Paul Weller - The Pebble And The Boy
via FoxyTunesL

hooners

Portal Member
November 15, 2007
Home Country
Sure it does. The 350 absolutely has a video output - it has both an S-Video output as well as a standard single digital output and stereo. I used it for 2-3 years with gb-pvr for exactly that way. I'll wait and see if anyone else has run it in that way and then perhaps look into a different video output. Thanks.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sorry the TV-Out of the PVR 350 is not (and will not be) supported. I know it provides a great picture quality. But its the only card out there having it and it only outputs mpeg. So its only a niche product....

Flip.

Hair

Portal Member
    October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you have a graphics card that supports it, this will work. I have not tested the s-video from PVR-350.

If you have the possibility to extend the video output in the graphics card, it will work. I'm using "ATI Catalyst control center" to extend the output to TV. You can set Mediaportal to start in secondary screen.

I have a free screen to work with on my monitor and mediaportal visible on my TV.

Maybe this is an acceptable workaround?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom