Hauppage Remote Control Plugin (2 Viewers)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mPod,

Feature Request: Backspace Button for SMS input.

I dunno if this is the right section for this feature request, or if it should be placed for MP in general. :)

I have discovered the nice SMS style input for listings in MP. Great thing, i think. But i cannot erase a false character entry with my remote. The backspace button is needed for that, and as far as i know this button is not mapped with your nice plugin.

So here is my question / feature request. Is it possible to map one button to backspace when in SMS mode? I think the "0" button might be the right choice, because it is not used for SMS input and it is used as delete for the most time, so it might be logical to use it as erase entry.

Or perhaps change the SMS input source for that. 0 as erase instead of backspace. dunno, what would be better. (Or am i just missing something ;))

Just an idea...Again: Great plugin! :)

Flip.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FlipGer said:
    Is it possible to map one button to backspace when in SMS mode? I think the "0" button might be the right choice, because it is not used for SMS input and it is used as delete for the most time, so it might be logical to use it as erase entry.

Or perhaps change the SMS input source for that. 0 as erase instead of backspace. dunno, what would be better. (Or am i just missing something ;))
    Thanks, Flip. It would make more sense if it would be implemented generally rather than via the remote control code, I think. You already posted a request, so let's see if someone implements it for you. :wink:

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From now on, the Hauppauge remotes are supported by Media Portal directly, no additional plugin needed.
    Config is now in configuration.exe/Remote on the Hauppauge Remote tab.

It's in the CVS versions and in the next release of Media Portal.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    great news!

Will it also work with a modified irremote.ini?
    Your plugin redme said the original irremote.ini would be needed.
    That held me off from testing your plugin, because I use the modified file Flipger posted a year ago (and had no backup of the original). Do i have to reinstall the hauppauge remote sw?

tomtom

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi tomtom,

i did just a reinstall of the remote software, this is no big deal. Or you can search for the [Media Portal] section and the "Media Portal=" entry in your current irremote.ini and delete it.

I also did wait long before i tried out this plugin, because the irremote version did work well (never change a running system ;)). But this plugin is much better! :)

The remote reacts faster and you can use MUTE / VOL+- and much more functionality. Some buttons are mapped different, but it is not a big difference. (only thing i did miss at first was PAGEUP / PAGEDOWN, but the new SMS feature makes this needless).

So go and install it! ;) :)

Flip.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The irremote.ini is not needed. But the Hauppauge IR sw has to be installed, because the driver component of the package is used by MP. I think you misunderstood something in the readme.rtf... :wink:

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    I installed the driver and plugin...

It seems to be very very quick. I often double click when I do not want to.. Can this be adjusted?

Also I observed two times that after a while it did not respond anymore. What is causing this?
    Any help?

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    jcee said:
    It seems to be very very quick. I often double click when I do not want to.. Can this be adjusted?
    Yes. For the plugin you can do it in the plugin's configuration, in CVS you can adjust it in the remote's section of configuration.exe.

jcee said:
    Also I observed two times that after a while it did not respond anymore. What is causing this?
    Dunno, never heard about it yet. What does the log say? (Enable extended logging!)

Casper

Portal Member
    October 20, 2004
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    jcee said:
    Any help?

It's a fault with the driver for the PVR-150. It's supposedly fixed in a later driver release from hauppauge.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have tried to get your new plugin to work but no luck.
    I have a PVR-150...i get everything to work with media player but nothing happens in MP. I have removed drivers and reinstall....any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom