Hauppage Remote Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hmmm....I must be the only stupid one here.... :?

1. I have installed the latest Hauppauge IR software. I have (WinTV-PVR-USB2). It is working in the Hauppauge software. The green button brings up MediaPortal.

2. After what I understand I should not change anything in irremote.ini.

3. The irremote.dll is in the WinTV directory. The HCWPLugin is in c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process

4. I can see the plugin in the plugin section of the configuration. Should any of the remotes in the remotesection be selected?

When I click i.e. the red button in MP the WinTV application starts up (I get an exception about that the irremote.dll cant be loaded.)

What is wrong?

Ivar

d4v3

Portal Member
April 4, 2005
UK
hi mpod,

is it possible you could send me the plugin you've made. i should be receiving the WinTV Nova-t PCI card within the next 2 days and would love to try out this plugin rather than mess with irremote.ini.

Also noticed this board has the phpBB theme i created installed, SwiftBlue.

cheers

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
To everybody, who is experiencing problems with the plugin, try to contact me on IRC. I have to investigate it further, as I can't reproduce the problems some of you are experiencing. We need to do some special logging with a special plugin version tomorrow. Does this version of the plugin work for anybody at all?!? I did not expect such problems, it has all been fine in my configuration. Sorry for that...

d4v3 said:
is it possible you could send me the plugin you've made.
Sure I can, but I need your mail address to add you to the list. I'll send out a new version when the above mentioned bugs are busted.

updated: (download thread)

P

phantastic

The plugin is fantastic the only problem or complaint I have is that the channel buttons do not change the channel(live tv) with the 34 button remote in full screen mode. They ffwd or rwd the channel

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
phantastic said:
the channel buttons do not change the channel(live tv) with the 34 button remote in full screen mode.
Did you read the ReadMe.rtf? There's a hint on how to use the channel/volume & cursor keys.... :wink:

To all others: Hopefully I found out what the problem with some configurations has been. I'll fix it tomorrow and will send you a new version of the plugin. So hold on! :lol:

(Big thanks to benjamintsims for being the debugging-guinea-pig!!!)

updated: (download thread)

P

phantastic

yes rtfm first thing i should have done but never do. Since this update everything works as expected.

T

tarifabuzz

Mr mPod

thx for sending me the plugin.. but it seems that the wintv nova s pci CI is not supported by the Hauppauge IR software. I always get the error message "Failed to initialize Infrared Remote Hardware"

I think this software is just for PVR cards.

I have tried this application on two xp sp2 systems. One with the BDA Driver and the other with the regular one, without success.

Searching on the Hauppauge Page i did not found a solution.

May i am doing something wrong.. Please if somebody has the same card confirm that it works..

thx in advance

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
tarifabuzz said:
but it seems that the wintv nova s pci CI is not supported by the Hauppauge IR software. I always get the error message "Failed to initialize Infrared Remote Hardware"
All Hauppauge cards who are using the Hauppauge IR driver are supported. There's a major bug in this plugin's release, so please be patient until it is fixed.

T

tarifabuzz

but its the hauppauge prog which gives the error not the plugin. the plugin does not work in my case because the Hauppauge IR software does not support my card. i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom