Hauppage Remote Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

R

reisyboy

Edited by mPod:

There is no plugin necessary anymore, it is now natively supported in MediaPortal in 0.1.3 prerelease and above.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello, i have the hauppage remote that came with my Nova-T card. Is it possible to make it work with MP? I had a small look, but as far as i can tell its not because the IR is directly plugged into the PCI card. Do i need a USB IR Reciver or somthing? Or do you all have some smart way to make it work?

Anyway Any help or pointers would be good. If it is impossbile can you point me in the direction of a place where i can get a remote that works(Y)!?

V

veetrik

Hauppauge Remote

I also have a Hauppauge remote that came with the PVR 150.
I have been able to control MP by adding the following sections to the end of irremote.ini file that is in my c:\windows directory:

[Media Portal - Home]
FULLSCREEN={alt}{enter}
CHNLUP={F8}
CHNLDOWN={F7}
OK={enter}
BACK={esc}
MENU=y
NAVUP={UP}
NAVDOWN={DOWN}
NAVRIGHT={RIGHT}
UP={UP}
DOWN={DOWN}
RIGHT={RIGHT}
LEFT={LEFT}
NAVUP={up}
NAVDOWN={down}
NAVLEFT={left}
NAVRIGHT={right}

[Media Portal - My TV]
FULLSCREEN={alt}{enter}
CHNLUP={F8}
CHNLDOWN={F7}
;VOLUP={RIGHT}
;VOLDOWN={LEFT}
OK={enter}
BACK={esc}
MENU=y
0=0
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
RED={f1}
GREEN={PGUP}
YELLOW={f3}
BLUE={PGDN}
FULLSCREEN=x
STOP=b
PAUSE={space}
PLAY=p
REWIND={f5}
FASTFWD={f6}
SKIPFWD={f8}
SKIPREV={f7}
GRNPOWER={alt}{f4}
FUNC=m
GO={home}
REC=
MUTE=
NAVLEFT={LEFT}
NAVRIGHT={RIGHT}
TV={x}
RECORD={A}
UP={UP}
DOWN={DOWN}
RIGHT={RIGHT}
LEFT={LEFT}
NAVUP={up}
NAVDOWN={down}
NAVLEFT={left}
NAVRIGHT={right}

You also need the following lines to the end of the [Applications] secition:

Media Portal - My TV=
Media Portal - Home=

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
The irremote.ini modifications suck.

Give me your mail-address. I got a fully working plugin for you, so the Hauppauge 45-button remote is supported "out of the box" and can totally replace the MCE05 one. No need for buying expensive stuff.

updated: (download thread)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for sending that out so quickly, seems excellent so far! I have a couple of questions though, does one of the buttons make the tv go full screen and can I use the remote to start mediaportal?

Thanks

Ben

wierdnatox

Portal Member
January 8, 2005
This plugin sounds interesting.

Any chance of providing a link or posting it somewhere so that everyone can benefit without hastling you to email it to them all the time

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
wierdnatox said:
Any chance of providing a link or posting it somewhere so that everyone can benefit without hastling you to email it to them all the time

Well, I got no problem with it. I'm doing this because I'd like to have an overview, who's got which version of the plugin, cause it's in a pre-alpha phase now. And, to be honest, nobody seemed to be interested in it. But that seems have changed. Although it's working quite perfect for the 45-button remote, I'm right now implementing the 34-button remote (with "multi-layer" support :wink:) and am testing it on the users who like to. Sure, if it's done and is auto-configuring itself without changing any files by hand (although that has not been a problem yet), I'll provide a link for it. Well... or you'll find it someday in the CVS. As I got quite a lot mails (and testers) for it, the chances are not that bad. But for now, I'd like to ask you to do it the PM-/email-way, if that's no problem for you. I need you guys, cause I only got the 45 button version here. BTW, the goal is that you just enable the plugin and ALL Hauppauge remotes are supported without any user action. No need for choosing the model, etc.

Can you live with that answer?

updated: (download thread)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
benjamintsims said:
...does one of the buttons make the tv go full screen

Not yet. I'll have to see where I put it and it's still logical. Maybe also a multi-layer thing. Thanks for that suggestion!

benjamintsims said:
...and can I use the remote to start mediaportal?

Not yet, either. I'm not sure if I'll implement this, as there has to be an extern application for that, similar to the "Green button" program for the MCE remote. I got a workaround here. If I press the On/Off button outside of Media Portal, CTRL+F1 is called, which is a command for the program TVTool to switch to TV and start Media Portal. And to be honest, I really like that solution. But I know, that does only apply to a very small amount of users, so I'll care about that when the "necessary" work is done. It's on my list now. :wink:

mfo

Portal Member
February 24, 2005
FRANCE
Hi mPod,

I've got the Hauppauge Remote which comes with the PVR-150, will your plugin also work with it ?
If so I'd be delighted to test it ...

Thanks,

marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom