hauppauge 1600 doesn't seem to like other cards (1 Viewer)

deltad

Portal Member
May 18, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been using Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM Combo PCI Card (set in config as top priority) in cunjunction with a SiliconeDust HD Home Run Dual Tuner on my LAN for about 2 years or so now with MP1.4.0 on my XP computer and it works great!
However I noticed when I first installed the card, I could not use my video card, disappointing, but no biggie, I just used the Video Card in another comp. Now recently I added a USB3.0 4Port PCIe card and didn't notice at first that MP wasn't using the Hauppauge anymore (only the silicone dust). When I tried to rebuild the channel list on the Hauppauge, it became clear that the card was no longer working. I removed the USB PCIe card, rebooted, and everything works great again, except now it seems I can't use my PCI bus for anything but Hauppauge.
My question is:
Is the Hauppauge 1600 known to have an issue with other PCI or PCIe Cards installed, and Does anyone know of a workaround?
Thank You

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Is the Hauppauge 1600 known to have an issue with other PCI or PCIe Cards installed...
    Not that I'm aware of. My guess is that the problem is more likely to be something to do with your motherboard - shared resource allocations/limitations etc.

I'd recommend you contact Hauppauge and ask them about the situation, and also read the manual for your motherboard thoroughly to see if there are any limitations related to expansion cards.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom