Hauppauge 45 button remote not working (1 Viewer)

rlongfield

Portal Member
January 4, 2012
I have a 45 button Hauppauge remote with receiver that plugs into the PVR-150 card.
I have IR32.exe installed and MP config says everything is fine.
When I set MP to use the remote nothing happens.
Nothing happens in Learn when I click the learn button in MP config (After selecting 45 button remote from drop down)
Nothing happens in MP when I try the remote.
I've uninstalled the drivers for the PV-150 card a couple of times (using the HWcleaner app from Hauppauge each time) I've uninstalled and reinstalled IR32.exe a couple of times and I've tried unplugging the 2.5mm lead a few times to make sure it is seated properly.
When I try the "learn" feature the Remote Icon in the sys tray disappears, I think I remember reading that, that is supposed to happen.

-Rob

Asca

Portal Pro
July 30, 2011
Germany
heelo
sry for my bad english
i have the Hauppauge 45 button to. look like this http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/deki/files/1382/=Black_Hauppauge_2rows_jumppoints.jpg
many days i have tested befor it works. so i hope you can follow me
1. i have installed all thingst for teh remote an rebbot the pc
2. ich have delete ir.exe from autostart
3. ich habe remove (NOT DEINSTALLED) all things in Gerätemanage (i don`t no in english sry ) may be "manage equipment" hardware list
4. Reboot pc.
5 new hardware are detected. ist is ok
6 selecte at MediaPortal -> Remote -> Microsoft MCE -> Use Microsoft MCE Remote

rlongfield

Portal Member
January 4, 2012
Well turns out the problem was with my IR receiver. I was using the IR receiver/Blaster combo from Hauppauge and it has broken, I found the IR receiver that came with my pinnacle 800 and the remote works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom