Hauppauge DSR-0112 remote -edited- (1 Viewer)

teosoft

January 2, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Recently I bought a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-HD Stick and it came with a remote control different of the ones supported by MediaPortal (MP) and, unfortunately, it doesn't work with MP.

The remote, labeled with the model number DSR-0112, has 35 keys, white and gray on the front and black on the back. The remote is this one:
img_4613.jpg

When selecting a Hauppauge remote in the configuration and starting MP, the IR32 icon disappears from systray, once MP closes icon reappears, so there is a connection between the two but nothing happens, as described here. However, no matter the remote I select, I got no answer from the remote. I tried to learn the remote into the MP configuration but, again, I found no answer from the remote.

I have installed IR32 version 2.62.262629.0 and MediaPortal 1.0.

Meanwhile I have modified Irremote.ini to send the keys of MP and selected no remote in MP and it works fine but I would prefer to have it supported in MP.

-- Added 2009-02-07

It seems that the remote sends the sames codes than the 45 keys remote (HCWPVR2 codes) but, while the 45 keys remote has SystemCode 30 in Irremote.ini the DSR-0112 Remote has SystemCode=29.

Do anyone knows how to add support to this remote in MediaPortal ?

I have been looking at the source code HcwRemote.cs and Irremote.cs. It seems all the capture is done by HCWHelper.exe but i couldn't find how to tell it which remote I do have. Probably, I didn't look at the correct place.

Also I didn't find the documentation for the XML file defining the Hauppauge HCW.xml.

How I add a new remote?

-- Added 2009-02-23

I have develovped a patch for HcwHelper to support this remote. All the information is posted to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/improvement-suggestions-46/support-hauppauge-35-buttons-remote-control-dsr-0112-a-55080/#post380103

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom