Hauppauge HD-PVR/Colossus setup guide (1 Viewer)

leigh75

Portal Member
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version:1.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin:Black Glass Nova
Windows Version:7 32bit
CPU Type:AMD Black Edtion 4 core
HDD:confused:easgate Sata3 500gb boot and record
Memory:4gb DDR3 @ 1333
Motherboard:Asus M4A88t-M/USB3
Video Card:ATI Radeon 4250hd
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:Hauppauge Colossus
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:Hauppauge HD-PVR
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:AntiPack
MPEG2 Audio Codec:AntiPack
h.264 Video Codec:AntiPack
Satelite/CableTV Provider:Rogers
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:LG 32"
TV - HTPC Connection:HDMI

I will not go into the windows install but will say to start with a fresh one and have all drivers and updates done befor moving on. I will also add that I have Microsoft Security Essentials running with no isuse as of yet. For Hauppauge colossus and HD-PVR install latest driver and for my setup 1r32 app also install showbiz so you can adjust the encode settings and test that you have audio and video. I use firewire to change channel as I don't have an MCE ir reciver and the Hauppauge blaster did not work for me. So that is why the 32bit os. If you want to use firewire get the drivers here http://home.comcast.net/~exdeus/stbfirewire/ and the channel app here http://home.comcast.net/~timmmoore/firewire/readme.htm use the one for Vista.

I will not go into detail about how to set this up as this part is coverd on both of the links I gave you and elswere on this site. When these are installed and you have rebooted lunch the channel app from the start menu. Type in channel -v to find your stb avc/panel number if you use firempg number you will get a blue screen and should start all over yes reinstall windows and start from the ground up. once you have the avc/panle nuber try channel -a0 -f 2 111 the 2 is my avc/panle number. If your setup is like mine your stb will change to channel 111 and that part is done. This is the part I had the hardest time with now install IRSS witch can be found here on the fourms. If you wish to use MP 1.2.2.0 you have to install this first I don't know why but it did not work for me If I installed after MP. Once its done install MP and get the blast patch for 1.2.1 and the SchedulesDirectPlugin both are on the fourms here. When MP is done Installing goto the start button then right click on computers and the menage. Go to servieces and stop TVservice now copy the files from the blst file in to C:/programfile/Team Mediaportal/TV server/Plugins well your there copy the SchedulesDirectPlugin as well. Run the TV config app and under plugins check off TV3 and SchedulesDirectPlugin. Setup the SchedulesDirectPlugin with your info and exit by useing the OK button in the bottom right. Reboot windows and run the TV cofig app again under the TV3 plugin look to the botton right for a button stb and click on it make sure you are on the tuner that you wish to setup . Now look to the left and you should see a box with Diget 1 all the to diget 0 set and perchange. Highlight the perchange the right under there is a drop down box with a run button next to it click on run. When the next screen pops up browse to programfilesTimmore and find channel.exe then enter -a0 -f 2 %2 or what ever you came up with to change the channel on your stb and all should be good! I will add more soon

ltpr

Portal Pro
March 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks leigh75 for his informative post/thread. I am just getting started with the Hauppauge Colossus card and already have latest MePo installed and from the threads I understand since I have the latest MePo version that I do not need the patch. So, how do I go about the actual setup. I cannot fine a plugin for Colossus. Do you recall the links you mention? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom