Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Tbh that's a bit of a cop out
    It is the truth. Up to you if you decide to believe me.

if done quickly in schedule direct and a lesser programme why not in MP
    Though similar or even related, each piece of software (and indeed each developer) have their own design goals and feature points. Like it or not this one was not on MPs list.
    SchedulesDirect is a plugin; we have no responsibility for it.

Well i finally sorted it out, not exactly straight forward but i found a good guide on some obscure forum
    That's great. :)
    How about a link to the guide for the benefit of other people?

AncientYoof

Portal Member
    November 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    It seemed to make it more obvious some how especially how it refers to the mapping needing to be done

anyhoo I'm all set now, :)

vincewarde

Portal Member
    March 28, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi everyone - can anyone out there who is using Colossus with a Directv receiver advise if they are having any trouble on their HDMI connection?

My Colossus has stopped seeing anything over the HDMI connector. I have tried a number of programs and I am unable to get a signal on any of them. The Colossus card is either dead or Directv has implemented encryption on HDMI. It would be nice to know before I rip everything out and change over to composite - it's quite difficult on my set up.

AncientYoof

Portal Member
    November 25, 2013
    Home Country
    vincewahim post: 1072966 said:
    Hi everyone - can anyone out there who is using Colossus with a Directv receiver advise if they are having any trouble on their HDMI connection?

My Colossus has stopped seeing anything over the HDMI connector. I have tried a number of programs and I am unable to get a signal on any of them. The Colossus card is either dead or Directv has implemented encryption on HDMI. It would be nice to know before I rip everything out and change over to composite - it's quite difficult on my set up.
    Why not get an hdmi ripper?

vincewarde

Portal Member
    March 28, 2012
    Home Country

I don't believe that if Directv has encrypted its' HDMI output that a ripper would work any better than a functioning Colossus. My best guess is that my card has died (again!!!). I really do not want to lay out the backs for another one - I think that this one, which has died twice - is likely out of warranty :)

AncientYoof

Portal Member
    November 25, 2013
    Home Country
    I'm qqqNo I'm

I don't believe that if Directv has encrypted its' HDMI output that a ripper would work any better than a functioning Colossus. My best guess is that my card has died (again!!!). I really do not want to lay out the backs for another one - I think that this one, which has died twice - is likely out of warranty :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1396290086][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm talking about an HDfury it can convert/rip any hdmi signal to hi def component.

vincewarde

Portal Member
    March 28, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm qqqNo I'm

[DOUBLEPOST=1396290086][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm talking about an HDfury it can convert/rip any hdmi signal to hi def component.

OK got what you're saying now - that probably would work if they encrypted the HDMI output. Thanks!

vincewarde

Portal Member
    March 28, 2012
    Home Country
    OK one of three things has happened:

1) The HDMI Input on my Colossus has died
    2) My HDMI cable has "gone bad" - (doubtful, but possible)
    3) Directv has encrypted their HDMI signal

Why do I say this? Well my HDMI has no signal, and my component video works fine. That's right, changing to component video fixed the problem.

So, if you're recording off a Directv box and can't get a signal on HDMI, try component - it might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom