Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (3 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When I go to the combine menu and select a channel there aren't any additional options to combine. The above doesn't appear to be applicable to HDPVRs or Colossus.
    Do you have three copies of each channel, or only one copy?
    That combinations section is applicable for when you have multiple copies of a channel that you want to merge (ie. combine).
    If you have only one copy of each channel then you need to map (link) the channels to each card that can "tune" the channel:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This should be my last round of questions before I donate to the cause. So far I have setup my music, pictures, tv, and moving pictures on one of my client pcs. I am working on setting up MP TV Series now. Do I have to setup my other clients, about 6 more or is there a way to export and import database settings?

Also, is there a better radio plugin that will give me the radio channels that I am accustomed to seeing?[DOUBLEPOST=1371868729][/DOUBLEPOST]
    When I go to the combine menu and select a channel there aren't any additional options to combine. The above doesn't appear to be applicable to HDPVRs or Colossus.
    Do you have three copies of each channel, or only one copy?
    That combinations section is applicable for when you have multiple copies of a channel that you want to merge (ie. combine).
    If you have only one copy of each channel then you need to map (link) the channels to each card that can "tune" the channel:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping

Ok, I see now, I only have one copy of each channel. All three epgs are the same and mapped to their respective cards.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This should be my last round of questions before I donate to the cause.
    Does that mean you got the combined channel thing working?

I am working on setting up MP TV Series now. Do I have to setup my other clients, about 6 more or is there a way to export and import database settings?
    Pass.
    Such questions are better posed in the appropriate forum.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/my-tvseries.162/

Also, is there a better radio plugin that will give me the radio channels that I am accustomed to seeing?
    What exactly do you mean by "the radio channels I am accustomed to seeing"?
    The built in radio plugin is designed for receiving broadcast radio - ie. analog FM, digital satellite, digital cable and digital terrerstrial radio channels - but can also be used for receiving some web streams via the radio web stream tuner in TV Server configuration.
    If you're talking Pandora, Spotify, LastFM etc. then you need a plugin that handles the service that you use.

Groostav

October 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey guys,

I've got a Colossus and I cant for the life of me get a signal out of it. Is there a step-by-step anywhere on how I can configure Media Portal to work with a Collossus?

I'm running from out of a weird Telus TV-over-internet box. The box is branded Cisco. I know there is little chance I can get channel listings to work, but I'd really like to simply get a signal from the card onto my screen. Can somebody point me in the direction of a guide?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Groostav :)

There is no step-by-step guide, but if you simply want to view the IPTV box output:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/how-do-i.91444/#post-696764
    or
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/camcorder-as-video-source-for-live-tv.118689/#post-990497

The above will create one "channel" per input type. Then you simply view the channel corresponding with the input that you've connected.

Let us know if you're still having trouble after following those instructions.

mm

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Hey guys,

I've got a Colossus and I cant for the life of me get a signal out of it. Is there a step-by-step anywhere on how I can configure Media Portal to work with a Collossus?

I'm running from out of a weird Telus TV-over-internet box. The box is branded Cisco. I know there is little chance I can get channel listings to work, but I'd really like to simply get a signal from the card onto my screen. Can somebody point me in the direction of a guide?

You say "get a signal from card". I have that card and maybe I misunderstand your statement but it produces NO signal, it is only an HD "capture" card. You have to hook up a cable box or other source to "get a signal to the card."

If you are doing that and that source is the Telus, how are you connecting it? HDMI, Component, RCA?
    Can you get any source video to show with the HAUPPAUGE software? Does the Telus work to TV?

Once you verify both devices working and how you're connecting, we can move on to troubleshooting your mediaportal setup/inputs.

SchedulesDIRECT (not free) will work for getting EPG data as long as your area's cable listings are there.

I use USB-UIRT for channel changing, I have used STB to FIREWIRE in the past.

I don't use the colossus much any more because it "claims" our cable box. I much prefer my HDHOMERUN - cablecard setup now.

I have a nice and easy setup that controls so much more than just the cablebox.

...at the moment we are making photo-real consumer "virtual" remotes to use with a blaster and "TER Remote" and eventghost. VERY EXCITING and will share once we have a nice starting collection of mapped photos. It basically overlays transparent buttons over a photo of your actual remote on your android phone or ios device.

Last edited:

TCB123

Portal Member
    October 10, 2007
    Colorado
    Home Country
    help please...

i picked up a colossus on friday and got it installed and working on my media server (windows 7) this weekend. i am running the composite inputs from a directv stb and optical audio in.

i had everything working but when i rebooted the server, now i do not have sound and cannot seem to get it back. i have been through this thread but with almost 100 pages, it is hard to find what i need. :(

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    help please...

i picked up a colossus on friday and got it installed and working on my media server (windows 7) this weekend. i am running the composite inputs from a directv stb and optical audio in.

i had everything working but when i rebooted the server, now i do not have sound and cannot seem to get it back. i have been through this thread but with almost 100 pages, it is hard to find what i need. :(

Windows sometimes resets the input if it is not a standard input. Right click on the speaker icon (bottom right of screen) and select recording devices. Make sure the correct input is set as default. Also, check the output sometimes sound comes in and never goes out.

vincewarde

Portal Member
    March 28, 2012
    Home Country
    I have had a Colossus up and running under Mediaportal 1.3 for well over a year. I use it to record Directv off of a HD25 Directv receiver via HDMI. For the last couple of months, a weird problem has been happening. It was intermittent at first, but now happens 99% of the time: I'm getting lots of video distortion when watching or recording standard definition ONLY. HD - both 720p and 1080i - record just fine. The distortion is mostly red streaks and sections of intense "snow". I have updated the drivers to current - it didn't help.

This is a Quad core PC with 8 GB RAM and Windows 7. I did a quick keyword search and didn't come up with anything. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom