Hauppauge HVR-1100 issues (1 Viewer)

mbw65

November 11, 2005
Hi all,
New to this forum - Just browsed through a lot of threads but could not find answers to my problem.

Using MP 0.20RC1 just downloaded yesterday.

I own a HVR1100 indicated as natively supported in MP. - using HVR drivers V2.106. - The board is recognized in MP setup but I get a message "Autoscan not supported". Also tried to manually enter TV frequencies and could not get it working. Seems board is recognized but no access to TV channels. - Radio doesn't work neither :cry:

Living in France & trying just with analog channels so far.

WINTV2000 is CRAP and I want to move away from that.

thanks!

mbw65

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

According to the wiki, only the DVB part of this card is supported, since the analog part doesn't have a hardware MPEG2 encoder.

Regards,
    Michel

mbw65

November 11, 2005
    scoop said:
    According to the wiki, only the DVB part of this card is supported, since the analog part doesn't have a hardware MPEG2 encoder.

Thanks; will try with DVB-T reception.

Does this also apply to FM reception? I can't get it working with FM neither.

Thanks!

mbw65

CX23882-19

Portal Member
    March 6, 2005
    I don't know if this would work, but there's the SoftMCE encoder for the HVR-1100 which makes the analogue side MCE2005 compatible. Perhaps the config files for MP could be edited to allow support for this. I don't have a HVR-1100 in my machine at the moment, so I can't confirm whether or not this would work.

Note: You'll need a 2.8GHz or higher CPU for SoftMCE.

mbw65

November 11, 2005
    CX23882-19 said:
    I don't know if this would work, but there's the SoftMCE encoder for the HVR-1100 which makes the analogue side MCE2005 compatible. Perhaps the config files for MP could be edited to allow support for this. I don't have a HVR-1100 in my machine at the moment, so I can't confirm whether or not this would work.

Note: You'll need a 2.8GHz or higher CPU for SoftMCE.

Thank you for the information - I will indeed have a look at that.
    I'm using a Sempron 2.8Ghz + 512M RAM. Should be sufficient...

Thank you all for help.

MArtin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom