Hauppauge HVR-1250 (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I guess I'll just figure it out on my own. Or use MCE7 for TV which I really don't want to.

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
All I can suggest is a different encoder. WinDVR3 is what I am still using, and haven't had to touch a thing since I installed that 18 months ago.

I have never tried your encoder (though I don't know why it would "kinda" work - you would think it either would or wouldn't).

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
All I can suggest is a different encoder. WinDVR3 is what I am still using, and haven't had to touch a thing since I installed that 18 months ago.

I have never tried your encoder (though I don't know why it would "kinda" work - you would think it either would or wouldn't).

Thanks for the reply! Hmm I did install WinDVR3. It could be because of my codec pack too. I popped the card into my old HTPC. I'll see what it does :)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
Hmm tried it again and upon viewing analog channels they'll work for a few seconds then the picture freezes. However the digital and HD channels work perfectly! I don't understand what is going on. I have an old 150 mce but it seemed to cause a conflict with my 1250 making MP say "No free card available" Though in Media Center everything works ok.

I don't care for Media Center. But aren't their some other 1250 users here that can help me? This is very annoying! :(

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I think the reason you have not received any response, at least from me, is that no one uses the analog tuner on this card. Most users are US broadcast ATSC only. We are not ignoring you we just have no insight in how to help solve your problem.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    I think the reason you have not received any response, at least from me, is that no one uses the analog tuner on this card. Most users are US broadcast ATSC only. We are not ignoring you we just have no insight in how to help solve your problem.
    Thanks for the reply winterescape. I understand what your telling me. Do you just use yours for the free to air HD/digital channels? Mine only picks up like 20 :D anyway I have an old 150mce that works perfectly. But the cards don't seem to play nice together. I guess I'll just give up on this :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom