Hauppauge HVR-1250 (1 Viewer)

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just go to the Hauppage support web site and download version 4.6 of the installation CD for WinTV and the drivers for the 1250. This CD contains a folder called "MCE_soft_encoder," with the file SoftMCE_Setup.exe. Run that setup file, and you should have no problems using MediaPortal with your 1250 card.

This is the version of the CD I have and the file I try to run. I think my PVR150 is confusing the software, and I don't care enough to take out my card so as to install the encoder.

michrech

Portal Member
January 28, 2009
Home Country
Question about the remote...

...on the HVR-1250.

Does it work to control MP? Right now I'm using a mouse and dislike it. :)

I'm running XP Pro -- don't see any need to purchase XP/Vista MCE just to get a silly remote working when I have a perfectly good (and legal!!) copy of XP pro to use..

I only have one or two OTA channels I'd end up using this for, but I'm more concerned about getting a remote working.. ;) (not to hijack, but if there is a remote that works in XP Pro (NOT MCE!), at the same price or cheaper, if you could point me in the right direction, I'd be even happier! ;) ) If the remote that comes with this card also works to control MP, and no other stand-alone remote is available, I will *find* a use for it's inputs... :D

:D and :sorry: about the hijack! ;)

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
Actually, I didn't get the kit, so no remote and no IR receiver.

So I can't answer your question for the 1250....

Sorry! But any MCE remote kit should work (as long as its not the Vista version).

michrech

Portal Member
January 28, 2009
Home Country
Remotes, remotes, everywhere!

"But any MCE remote kit should work (as long as its not the Vista version). "

Really? I only asked because my brother has an MCE remote of some sort (though I'm not sure if it's a "Vista" MCE remote -- I'll have to ask him) and he can't get it to work at all.

If he's got a "Vista" MCE remote, I'll order an "XP" MCE remote and see what happens. Any suggestions? ;)

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
The HVR-1250 remote works fine for controlling mediaportal and is supported out of the box. I have had zero issues using it, the default mapping is good, and I just made a few small changes to optimize it for my uses. The only downside is that it can't be used to bring the computer out of standby (as far as I know) as it plugs directly into the HVR card. I believe that it is possible to get some vista remotes to work in XP but it takes some editing of the XP config files. If you do a search you will probably find more info.

michrech

Portal Member
January 28, 2009
Home Country
HVR-1250 and it's remote

That's good to hear. If I don't find a stand-alone remote in the next few days, I'll probably pick up this card (it's just as cheap as many of the remotes available now, if not cheaper.. heh). I don't subscribe to cable, but I do have cable internet service, so I'll be able to do some tinkering to see if I can get anything at all. At worst, it should work for the new digital OTA signals, no?

My brother bought some sort of "Vista" remote and has been trying for MONTHS to get it to work. He's spent more time on that than playing WoW, which really says something for him.. heeheh So far, he's had zero luck with it.

Do these "Vista" remotes work in something like Vista Home, or does it *require* MCE/Premium for it to work? I can get a very cheap version of Vista Home Basic through my employer, so if that version will work with these Vista remotes, that may be an even better option for me.

Thanks!

The HVR-1250 remote works fine for controlling mediaportal and is supported out of the box. I have had zero issues using it, the default mapping is good, and I just made a few small changes to optimize it for my uses. The only downside is that it can't be used to bring the computer out of standby (as far as I know) as it plugs directly into the HVR card. I believe that it is possible to get some vista remotes to work in XP but it takes some editing of the XP config files. If you do a search you will probably find more info.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I have this card in a new MP rig and the remote works fine. I did have some locking & frreezing issues that were resolved by downloading and updating the driver from the Hauppauge site dated FEB 19th 2009. 4.6a+ I do not use the analog portion of this card only use it for ATSC. Anbout $50.00 on Newegg with remote now. I also uninstalled all the Happauge win TV software except the IRblaster. If anyone has any luck getting the remote to wake the PC from standby please post how to do that. Not sure if I can configure the MB BIOS to power that card and use it to wake the PC .

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    I know this is an old thread. But instead of creating my own I thought I would just post my problem here...

I'm using the latest stable Media Portal and everything is working perfectly! Except for my analog channels. Digital/ HD channels (one's it picks up) however work perfectly fine. The analog channels it'll show the picture perfectly for a seconds then picture will freeze and go black with only audio then everything stops.

I'm using the Intervideo encoder from Windvr3. Any ideas what's going on? Everything including analog works perfectly in Windows Media Center 7. Hmm I'd hate to pop my old 150mce back in just for analog channels as I'd have to sacrifice two gb of ram ( I have 6gb atm) Anyway any help will be appreciated it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom