Hauppauge HVR-1300 analogue and FM problems (1 Viewer)

Kimmeridgien

Portal Member
November 16, 2007
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

Problem 1: I get a split analogue TV screen both in TV server setup TV channel preview and client TV viewer. Please see attached screen dump. Is this a codec thing?

Problem 2: FM radio works in client listener until you change channels. 1-2 seconds after changing there is a high-pitched loud noise on top of the radio sound. I have included a number of log files. Please let me know if you need more info. Could this be related to time shifting?

System: Win 7 64 HP Eng, Intel Core2Duo E8400, 8 GB RAM, MSI G33M mobo, 2*SSD drives, AMD Radeon HD4850 through which I send HDMI image and sound to TV, Hauppauge HVR-1300 analogue TV and FM, 3*FloppyDTV C, MP 1.4. I'm in Stockholm, Sweden, on ComHem cable net (PAL B/G).

The HVR-1300 works well with WinTV7, both for analogue TV and FM tuner, so I know that the card is ok. Also, the WinTV7 FM tuner finds and plays more channels than MP 1.4 for some reason. Even if I manually add FM channels in MP that play in WinTV7, MP doesn't lock onto all of them.

(I have also used this system with Win XP SP3 up until MP 1.3 with a PVR-350 without problems.)

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Niclas

Attachments

• HVR-1300 split screen.zip
    825.3 KB

Kimmeridgien

Portal Member
November 16, 2007
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Problem 1 is solved. I had disabled the DVBT part of the HVR-1300 in the TV servers section. Apparently this made it try to tune on two analogue channels at the same time. After re-enabling DVBT, I also did a dummy channel scan on the DVBT part just to make sure that it is "complete" (=empty).

Problem 2 still remains though.

Kimmeridgien

Portal Member
November 16, 2007
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks mm. Could I ask an off-topic question?

I have tried several different Hauppauge analog TV cards since I started using MP and I have noticed a big image quality difference between these cards. I suppose that's both a question of the TV tuner chip and the hardware mpeg encoder chip?

The PVR-350 and PVR-USB2 are (in my experience) far better than the HVR-1300. The problem is that most of the PVR series' Win7 support is unofficial and rarely allow >= 4GB RAM or 64-bit OS.

Here's my question: Which analog TV cards (in my case PAL B/G) are known not only to work but also provide good image quality?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here's my question: Which analog TV cards (in my case PAL B/G) are known not only to work but also provide good image quality?
    Sorry but I have little or no experience with analog cards. I've only ever used analog tuners with software encoders, and only for testing. So I think I'm in a bad position to be offering advice. Further, "good picture quality" is a little bit subjective.

The only thing I can suggest is that you have a look at the settings here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/02_TV_Servers/5_Scan_Analog#Quality_Control
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../02_TV_Servers/5_Scan_Analog#Video_Parameters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom