Hauppauge HVR 2250 no digital with Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

RobWW

Portal Member
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
Windows Version: Windows 7 7100
CPU Type: Intel Q6600
HDD: 2 x Seagate 1 TB
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: Asus P5K-VM
Video Card: Radeon 3450
Video Card Driver: 8.612.0.0
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 (88A1)
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid
1. TV Card Driver: 7.6.1.27118

Hi, I am trying to get a Hauppauge hybrid card to work under windows 7. Currently, the card works fine under windows XP and I am able to watch digital or analog signals. However, with the same system booted to windows 7 only the analog tuner is detected by the mediaportal TV server. The digital tuners do not not appear in the TV server configuration application and are not mentioned in the tv server log file. No errors are present in the log file either, so it is difficult to troubleshoot this problem.

I started with a clean installation of Windows 7. I have tried the card with default windows 7 drivers and with the latest from Hauppauge (7.6.1.27118). When installing the Hauppauge drivers, I first installed only the drivers. When this did not help I installed the WinTV application hoping it might install a missing codec. However, while digital TV does work in the Hauppauge WinTV application, it still does not work in Mediaportal.

Using graphedit, both windows XP and windows 7 show two Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA devices present in the BDA Receiver Components and BDA Source Filters section. Under both operating systems, the BDA receiver device name is: ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_88a10070&rev_81. I tried building a graph as described in: Add_TVCard_to_natively_supported_list - MediaPortal Manual Documentation and noticed one difference: under windows XP I could connect the Hauppauge BDA tuner to any of the BDA network providers, while under windows 7 I could only connect the BDA tuner to the Microsoft Network Provider, not, for example, to the Microsoft ATSC Network provider. However, I do not know if this difference is significant.

I have attached the logs files from the TV server booting under windows XP and windows 7. I have also attached pictures of the graphs I built under windows XP and windows 7. Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rob

Attachments

• WindowsXP_graphh.PNG
    WindowsXP_graphh.PNG
    23.4 KB
  • Windows7_graph.png
    Windows7_graph.png
    78 KB

ejkeebler

Portal Member
January 24, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hate to post the same thing in multiple threads

but, I really don't want to my information getting missed because I posted in the less active thread, and it seems like there are 5 threads on this:

sorry:

I tried them on Win 7 x32 and it found no hardware, ran it on win 7 x64 and it found no hardware. the drivers that come with it 7118 install fine. I am wondering if it installs correctly though? When I go into device manager I see only 1 card - Hauppauge WinTV - HVR-2250(8891)

Is this consistent with everyone else? I read all about setting it up in sage, but wanted to see if it's like this for others or do others see 2 cards?

Thanks!

ejkeebler

Portal Member
January 24, 2008
Home Country
RobWW

not sure this helps, but according to : BDA Network Provider Filter (Windows)

The Microsoft Network Provider in windows 7 is the only necessary BDA provider as it fulfills support for all legacy providers. So that is why you can do it in XP/Vista but Win7, still working on getting this thing working in win 7 though....

if you have any success, please let me know.:D

Hesse

Portal Pro
August 8, 2006
I'm having the same problem. Have you all had any luck?

What is the method to try getting the digital portion recognized? Do we have to add a new XML file with the information for the graph into the Media Portal data directory? There is a folder "AnalogCard" that has the analog information for the HVR-2250. Where do we put the XML files for the digital portion?

ejkeebler

Portal Member
January 24, 2008
Home Country
I'm having the same problem. Have you all had any luck?

What is the method to try getting the digital portion recognized? Do we have to add a new XML file with the information for the graph into the Media Portal data directory? There is a folder "AnalogCard" that has the analog information for the HVR-2250. Where do we put the XML files for the digital portion?

i had hoped that with MP 1.1.0 Alpha this would resolve my issue, however when I tried it, i ended with even more of a problem if i recall, only 1 tuner was showing up. I thought maybe with the venture into some Win7 support it might be addressed, but as far as I have read it's still a problem. hopefully I'm wrong, I would love to just ditch sagetv all together.....

rynowhi

Portal Member
December 10, 2008
Home Country
I haven't been able to find any more information on this. Has anyone been able to get this working? I was hoping the beta would resolve it, but no luck it seems.

ejkeebler

Portal Member
January 24, 2008
Home Country
me either

unfortunately nothing yet, i've been waiting as well, i'm currently using sagetv to do all my tv recording, but as it sits in the tray media portal gets slower and slower.....i'd like to just dump it all together :confused:

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
Hey guys, I'm having the same problem with win7 and hauppauge 2250. any update? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom