hauppauge hvr1300 some problems (1 Viewer)

Puma01

Portal Member
February 14, 2006
Hm... ok... i hope, it won´t be useless...
But maybe it is the best way...

grab epg from dvb-t is disabled, because i do not receive any digital signal at home :(

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I've been discussing your problem with our test team leader. He thinks that he heard of a problem with random freezes in TV when timeshifting is enabled. So please check if the problem also occurs, when you turn timeshifting off.

Puma01

Portal Member
February 14, 2006
ok... i will try it. I´ve just deleted and installed mp again.
The remote doesnt work anymore... And the TV stopped...
AAAargh! i only bought this pc for a nice multimedia-ad on. Andspend much time with this htpc.
Just using the TV is more amusing, when i can not use timeshifting :(

I think i give up. Does someone need a brand new htpc with a build in tft touchscreen?

Liszca

Portal Member
September 29, 2006
Hi there!

the mp-doctor template doesnt work on my system. So i hope, you will give me a chance to tell you my problems with mp, anyway.

thats my system:
MP Version: 0.2RC2 with CVS_02-14-2006--08-13
Skin: blue two
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD athlon 64 +3000
Memory: 1024 MB
Motherboard Chipset: ECS nforce3
Video Card: NVIDIA Gforce FX 5200, 128MB
Video Card Driver: do not know, but i loaded the new one from the homepage
Video Card Resolution: 800 x 600
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Dscaler MPeg2 VideoDecoder (also tried many more)
Audio Codec Type & Version: InterVideo AudioDecoder
TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 1300
TV Card Type:-
TV Card Driver: 2.0 from hauppauge

There are two problems i´ve got with mp.

1) the remote is just working every 2 or more boot´s. Sometime it is loaded with mp and sometimes not.

2) in myTV the picture freeze after about 90 min. with the comment "quality" (in german-version "Qualität", i do not know, if it is in english the same) on the buttom. Then i´ve got two options: i look at this frozen picure for half an hour or reboot. The cpu is at 20% in this case, so it do not depend on the cpu in my opinion.

Do you have any idea? I did not found anything with search-function. So i am sorry, if this problem is posted now the 1000 time...

thank you for your help!

Puma01

I just bought me another board wirhout nforce 3 chipset, and then it worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom