Hauppauge IR blaster support (1 Viewer)

colinandtara

Portal Member
July 5, 2005
Canada
LOVE Media Portal, but I'm going to have to use something else if I can't control my STB. :cry:

I'm not a programmer, but would be happy to test or do some legwork if it would help get the PVR 150 IR Blaster up and running.

Cheers!

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
colinandtara said:
LOVE Media Portal, but I'm going to have to use something else if I can't control my STB. :cry:

I'm not a programmer, but would be happy to test or do some legwork if it would help get the PVR 150 IR Blaster up and running.

Cheers!
Doesn't help, because no dev has that blaster. So it's pretty hard to develop a plugin for it...

Casper

Portal Member
October 20, 2004
Gothenburg, Sweden
mPod said:
colinandtara said:

Cheers!
Doesn't help, because no dev has that blaster. So it's pretty hard to develop a plugin for it...

Does anyone have any documentation on how it works? I have a PVR150 so maybe I can get something done...

jshan

Portal Member
July 27, 2005
I doubt if this will get serious attention unless it's asked for a lot, so I'd like to also politely request Hauppauge IR Blaster support, specifically for the PVR-150.

I'm not sure how to build in this support, but it's do-able as evidenced in BeyondTV and GBPVR. I downloaded the Hauppauge WinTV SDK where I'm hoping there might be some info, but I haven't dug into it yet.

Like Colinandtara, I have to stick with another solution until MP has this feature.

Regards,
John

D

Dankait

yep, this is a me too post...

I have been experimenting with both mediaportal and GBPVR, but took me a while to figure out my PVR150 ir blaster wasn't going to operate my satellite reciever via mediaportal.

It does works fine with GBPVR. I keep checking back to see if any progress has been made here with Mediaportal as this is a great looking portal, and good people here.

Keep those fingers crossed folks :)

D

Dankait

Is the integration in MP for use of the low speed serial port on the satellite reciever to change channels as mentioned in the links above, or integration for using the IR blaster that comes with the PVR 150?

just checking... :)

thanks again

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
use MPExTuneCmd plugin originaly design for dtvcontrol.exe but usable for all extenal program
replace in the setup dtvcontrol.exe by the name of external program design for IRBlaster (with path eventualy)

you have an explanation to do that for girder

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Someone submitted a plugin anonymously. It's in CVS now.
If the one who coded it reads this: TELL US WHO YOU ARE, please. :wink:

We cannot test it, so please grab a CVS version and check it out.
Get the latest one here, the plugin is included (mediaportal-cvs-07-31-2005--09-46.rar or later):
http://www.myshare.de

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom