Hauppauge ir.exe does not work but ir32.exe does (1 Viewer)

mikeclueby4

April 15, 2012
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
The current WinTV install cd (the one pointed to by MP's config) ships with an "ir.exe" which does not work with MP. (WinTV works fine - MS mediacenter works fine, icon sitting in the tray). Tried multiple times running and rebooting without joy.
The standalone "ir32.exe" that can be downloaded from the hauppauge uk site does however work.

There seems to be some serious confusion about "ir" vs "ir32" even in their own product. I figured I would uninstall the bundled ir.exe before trying ir32.exe but the uninstaller (interestingly now named unir32.exe) couldn't even find the install logs - I had to go point them out myself.

http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/downloads/IR32.exe is the one that worked for me in the end.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download and install WinTV7 CD (v2.5b)
2. Run "ir.exe" in it
3. Reboot
4. Try to enable Hauppauge remote in MP config
5. Be informed that there were no drivers detected
6. Pout, sigh, headdesk, whichever applicable

mikeclueby4

April 15, 2012
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
That would be because you are using one of Hauppauge's mce-compatible remotes. I am not. (Mine came with a NOVA-500-T card)

scottheil

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was using the Hauppauge IR32.exe with Hauppauge remote for the longest time and would have issues where the INFO button would fail to bring up the pop-up OSD. The remedy I found was disabling IR32.exe from autostartup, and the pop-up issue went away.

Ben Waldman

July 23, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
The current WinTV install cd (the one pointed to by MP's config) ships with an "ir.exe" which does not work with MP. (WinTV works fine - MS mediacenter works fine, icon sitting in the tray). Tried multiple times running and rebooting without joy.
The standalone "ir32.exe" that can be downloaded from the hauppauge uk site does however work.

There seems to be some serious confusion about "ir" vs "ir32" even in their own product. I figured I would uninstall the bundled ir.exe before trying ir32.exe but the uninstaller (interestingly now named unir32.exe) couldn't even find the install logs - I had to go point them out myself.

http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/downloads/IR32.exe is the one that worked for me in the end.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download and install WinTV7 CD (v2.5b)
2. Run "ir.exe" in it
3. Reboot
4. Try to enable Hauppauge remote in MP config
5. Be informed that there were no drivers detected
6. Pout, sigh, headdesk, whichever applicable

Did you end up installing the ir32.exe without uninstalling the ir.exe in the end? What process did you use in the end to get it working? Sorry... a bit confused as to whether you got it working with MP or not.

Cheers.

mikeclueby4

April 15, 2012
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Did you end up installing the ir32.exe without uninstalling the ir.exe in the end? What process did you use in the end to get it working? Sorry... a bit confused as to whether you got it working with MP or not.

Wow, from memory (this was a while ago now), I uninstalled ir.exe (by running unir32.exe and giving it some switch to find the install logs, or possibly renaming the install logs, i don't remember anymore), and then installed ir32.exe from http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/downloads/IR32.exe

And, yes, I got it working.

Ben Waldman

July 23, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada

Wow, from memory (this was a while ago now), I uninstalled ir.exe (by running unir32.exe and giving it some switch to find the install logs, or possibly renaming the install logs, i don't remember anymore), and then installed ir32.exe from http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/downloads/IR32.exe

And, yes, I got it working.

Thanks. It was actually one of those situations where you figure it out just from writing it out: as soon as I hit 'Post Reply', I understood what you had done and managed to get it going myself.

Thanks for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom