Hauppauge MCE remote Windows XP Home SP3 (1 Viewer)

michelangelo

Portal Member
September 13, 2010
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi

I am New to Media Portal, I have Windows XP Home SP3 and a Hauppauge MCE remote. I was wondering if anyone could help me know what is the best way to make this remote work on Windows XP Home SP3.

I have seen many posts on installing the IR Roll-up for Windows MCE however there seems to be issues have already installed SP3.

I have also seen there is a plugin for Media Poral call IR-Suite.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Michelangelo,

I do not have XP anymore but I had no problem with MCE Pinnacle remote. Just make sure you use the ihome driver from microsoft and in setup of MP use the right microsoft remote.
    Look at the wiki as well.
    Good luck.

michelangelo

Portal Member
    September 13, 2010
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks

This is how I got it to work.

1. I installed the ehome drivers from the thread here on the forms;
    2. I removed the registery keys suggested as part of the MCE replacement drivers -> ehome drivers fix;
    3. I installed HIP and set the Media Portal keyboard controls to the various buttons on the remote using this guide.

tajvdz

Portal Member
    January 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    is there another way?

i´m trying for 2 days to follow these steps but without succes.

I´m having problems with point 2, https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/72053-post30.html
    both options mentioned there won't work. If I extract the hotfix file it doesn´t have the 2 files inside and also if I use it as an .exe file I am not able to find the folder with all the numers....
    what am i doing wrong?

I feel very angry that I bought a remote that works just fine on Vista but I want it to work on XP SP3!
    besides that Mediaportal has this remote on their configuration. So why isn´t there a simple way to get this remote to work?
    All files I use are not accepted as a correct driver.

So can someone please tell what to do and not place links to not working solutions like the microsoft patch.

There must be a driver for this!

tajvdz

Portal Member
    January 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    please help!
    I´m getting frustrated that I can´t get my remote to work in Windows XP SP3.

There must be a way to make windows say it´s the correct driver.....

tajvdz

Portal Member
    January 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    well I received an answer from Hauppauge. There are 2 different versions of the receiver. I have the most recent one and that one is not compatible with Windows XP at all. Only Vista or 7.
    I asked them if it is possible to replace my receiver with the old one...
    If I read the webshops who have this product for sale (including the one where I bought it) they all say it´s compatible with Windows XP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom