Hauppauge MediaMVP as client for TV-Server

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Khurram, November 15, 2008.

1. Khurram

Khurram Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Pakistan Pakistan
    TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC3
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC3
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: XP
    CPU Type: Intel E6700
    HDD: 320 GB x 4
    Memory: 2 GB
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus Formula
    Video Card: MSI Nx6600 Diamond
    Video Card Driver: MSI
    Sound Card: Onboard
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV USB2
    1. TV Card Type: USB2
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Pixelview PlayTV Xtreme
    2. TV Card Type: PCI
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card: Toshiba Tuner (probably AverMedia M038)
    3. TV Card Type: USB
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MCE
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Are there any plans to support MediaMVP as client for TV-Server? There is an alternate dongle for MediaMVP that is open source (MediaMVP Media Center). A user over at GBPVR forums has extended this dongle to support GBPVR native interface through this dongle: when the dongle loads on the MediaMVP, you can use a menu option to launch a menu system that mimics the GBPVR client (PVRX2).

Now that there is the TVServer functionality in MP, perhaps the same can done for MP also. Is someone aware of any efforts in this direction?

Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Khurram

Khurram Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Pakistan Pakistan
    There was some discussion on this in subject in the thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-talk-233/mp-client-46333/#post312999. There have been 46 views of this thread, so I guess people are interested in this.

I have talked to the person responsible for bringing MediaMVP and Popcorn Hour support to GBPVR. He is the original poster of the thread I mentioned above. He is willing to add support for MediaMVP and the Popcorn Hour for MediaPortal if there is enough interest both from the developers and the user community. I know the devs are busy in 1.0 release, but could some dev please talk to him about this. Also, the users who are interested in this functionality should show their support by posting in this thread or the original thread above. I think it would be really useful addition to MediaPortal.

4. tipstir

tipstir Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Well good to see you all getting on the band wagon with MediaMVP I don't know how many here have the device like I do.. I use it 99% daily with the 7x of them I go here with 7x TVs mix 4 HDTV and 3 CRT SD. If not the Hauppauge MediaMVP Server and Hauppage MediaMVP Clients software has a dongle.bin very stable, and I've fixed a lot of the old code so you can RR/FF quickly. I've added more plugins got rid of the boring themes. VMCE been very popular skin theme, my plans are to release a new Aqua soon after the holidays in 2009 or sooner.

In the off topic section I have this thread going on here..
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-replacement-versions-internet-browser-42028/

I have blog on MediaMVP Skin Themes and Replacements
    http://mediamvpskins.blogspot.com/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!