Hauppauge MediaMVP - skins, tips and resources. (1 Viewer)

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
PFFF tipstir again... dude! YOU ARE POSTING ON THE WRONG FORUM!!!
(and the skin does not look good at all)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Call me crazy, but I'm anxiously awaiting a Ball Tech Skin Theme for MediaPortal. That's the only thing that's going to get me to switch from MediaStream.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    A little reminder

FORUM RULES:

Be respectful of other users
    (...)
    If you have got a problem with someone or a member is insulting you, then report the post by clicking at the "report post" button or directly get in contact with one of our Moderators/Admins.
    Do not insult the person who offended you, or we will also have to take actions against you.

Be courteous & polite. Show respect to the opinions & feelings of others.
    Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right.
    Engage your brain before your mouth. You are responsible for your own words & any harm they may cause.
    Deviance from these guidelines may ultimately lead to disciplinary actions.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You are very right Spragleknas, but this is not the first time this type of stuff has been posted and (again) it makes no sense at all on these forums...

moesfeld

Portal Pro
    September 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would love to see Media MPV support in MP2, great little box for us who are forced to watch SDTV. (No real FTA HDTV Channels in Germany, no 1080i via DVB-T like australia, I feel so behind:()

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Dear Tipstir,
    Could you please explain what this is for and why you posted it here? From what I have read, this is for a different piece of hardware and software than MediaPortal and can't be used by MediaPortal. I'm not clear on why you posted this information. People running MediaPortal are very very unlikely to be using MVP.
    And while I don't personally care about the look of this skin, it's certainly not something that I can imagine people would want to see developed for MediaPortal when compared to the other skins already available.

Were you hoping that skin authors here might take up your design and create one for MediaPortal?

Just trying to understand and look forward to your explanation. Maybe there's something we can learn from your stuff.

tipstir

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2007
    Home Country
    I did join here in 2007. Use MP back when it was first release though, but didn't join the site until last year. MVP forums I have joined.. Listen I just design and code skins and plugins. It something I enjoy doing.. I don't get paid for it so it not about making money. Over 10 years I use to make Windows shareware games until 2001. Now it's just skins and plugins..

So nobody here has Hauppauge MediaMVP?

PFFF tipstir again... dude! YOU ARE POSTING ON THE WRONG FORUM!!!
    (and the skin does not look good at all)

If you can give us free EPG and everything works with the MediaMVP. Then you'll see more stuff for MP from me. I really just record and use the media on MVP and Rockbox device now. Don't turn the PC and TV into media entertainment center. The MVP does that for me. I only post skins and themes I create here to the market that's here. I don't speak German or French.

I am pulling the pluge on this theme it's causing to much trouble here.. But it's good to see who's interested in Media MVP than me here. I got some new ideas this was just something I put together quick under 1 hr. Leopard VMCE is more to my taste. MP has Photo orb feature can't do that on MVP though.

I would love to see Media MPV support in MP2, great little box for us who are forced to watch SDTV. (No real FTA HDTV Channels in Germany, no 1080i via DVB-T like australia, I feel so behind:()

More members here who own the MVP like you need to step up to the plate and tell mods here. I just post skin themes for this wonderful device. I can create themes for MP for MVP it where I rather go for!

Dear Tipstir,
    Could you please explain what this is for and why you posted it here? From what I have read, this is for a different piece of hardware and software than MediaPortal and can't be used by MediaPortal. I'm not clear on why you posted this information. People running MediaPortal are very very unlikely to be using MVP.
    And while I don't personally care about the look of this skin, it's certainly not something that I can imagine people would want to see developed for MediaPortal when compared to the other skins already available.

Were you hoping that skin authors here might take up your design and create one for MediaPortal?

Just trying to understand and look forward to your explanation. Maybe there's something we can learn from your stuff.

No dir, I just share my work here as I go by the number of views who seem to be interested. I don't have a count here of how many of you use MVP. The default GUI is boring for it. MP has some themes I can reproduce on MVP for MP. Those are available on my blog. There are themes that no everyone is going to like or not. That's the fun in designing new stuff.

New MP designs like Picture Flow can't be done on MVP maybe with some new coding it could be done but the device only has 32MB or RAM just enough for what it can do right now..

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Tipstir -

I've used a box similar to the MVP years ago. They are great for connecting to your TV and network and using a simple web browser-based gui to browse and play video, photos, and web pages.

However, once I started using a PC instead of the MVP-type box as my htpc, there was no need to use the MVP box. The htpc does everything the MVP box does, and a lot more. However, the pc takes a LOT more configuring.

I don't think you will find very many people on the MediaPortal forum that use the MVP box, because there's no point running both. Either a person invests time in setting up a htpc system, or they use a simple box like MVP. But not both.

There might be a handful of people that happen to use both for some reason, but I don't think it's very worthwhile trying to attract attention for MVP here in the MP forums. People that use an MVP box will not be hanging out here; they'll be hanging out on MVP forums.

You might get less frustrated and find more interested people on other forums.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    More members here who own the MVP like you need to step up to the plate and tell mods here.
    Eh.. Why? I can see the reason to tell devs etc., but telling us... what?

Anyway: Your posts are currently not more relevant than post regarding Siemens dishwasher; sure some forum members got it - but it does not have anything to do with MP...

Time to wrap this up before it gets out of hands. Good luck with your future skindevelopment, no matter..
    THREAD CLOSED

tipstir

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2007
    Home Country
    For MediaMVP v1.15 Leopard VMCE Update

I am now hosting my own files so this would be a direct download:
    http://members.cox.net/tipstir/MediaMVP_themes/mmvpleopard115.exe

This update contains new support for full internet transverse color for date/time/year
    For Internet Web Browser and Internet Weather
    The Weather radar maps have to be gif so they would animate jpg for stills
    Web Screen Capture along with myweb.bat is included

Those who have interest for MP version of this skin_theme send me email to: tipstir@yahoo.com
    I can't promise anything but I'll look into it by year end. First batch will be images to work with
    most or current themes line up. Until I get the hang of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom