Hauppauge remote Issue / Use from Sleep? (1 Viewer)

CUBED

September 24, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Im using the WinTV Nova digital card, with the suppiled remote (which is quite nice :)) & all works very well until I go to Home & Sleep. When I wake the computer up the remote doesnt function anymore! so I have to reboot...

This is really bugging me, anyone got a solution please!! :confused:

:D I have searched but I cant find anything

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
exactly the same thing here since 0.2.0.0 release and with stable patches after...
now i just installed fresh 0.2.1.0 and still the same 'bug'... just waited for someone else with same problem...
when you wake up your comp, you should exit mp... then you'll see two instances of haupp irremote.exe in tray, but one icon is fake... simply restarting mp and remote is working again. have to admit that this is really big usability issue for me.

rgs, pirlone

p.s.: tomorrow i'm expecting for new mce remote to arrive, so this prob i leave behind for good ;)

CUBED

September 24, 2006
Home Country
Cheers for the reply m8, I use mine as a standalone & dont really want to connect a keyboard at all if poss....

So I guess a new remote is the only answer then?!

CUBED

September 24, 2006
Home Country
OK ive started trying to edit the Hauppauge Irremote.ini file, hopefully this might sort it...

Will post back if I get it to work..

CUBED

September 24, 2006
Home Country
Yes Ive got it to work, the remote functions after Sleeping & Hybernating and also boots Mediaportal with the power button instead of WinTV 2000 etc.

I will test this tonight & upload the modified Irremote.ini file tomorrow if it all functions properly...

:) YAY!!

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
i configured it to boot mp with green button too, without probs... even put configuration.exe to home button...
but didn't solved boot probs yet

rgs,
pirlone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom