Hauppauge wintv 500mce Wintv 350 (1 Viewer)

J3Dante37

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
Bettendorf, IA
First of all, I've looked up and down on the net for a solution for the problem with the ir utility not working. I've given up on that and are now focusing on getting both of my cards working. Right now I have to disable both tuners on the 500mce card in order for me to view or record programs. If I even have one tuner enabled on the 500 with the 350 enabled the computer locks up and I have to force a reboot. I've tried updating the drivers and the software. Any help?

meashmut

Portal Member
August 7, 2005
Ontario Canada
working on it

I am not sure about the IR ability but there is a problem with the interaction of the 350 and the 500 within media portal...

They are working on it though

The 500 will work fine by itself, I use the composite and Rf connections to timeshift two shows at once, I have my 350 disabled in the device manager until this is fixed..

I may move the 350 to another machine when the new parts show up..

Best Regards

J3Dante37

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
Bettendorf, IA
Have you tried using Win2000? I get about the same issues. So my guess is that it's a driver issue.

The IR program fails because it can't differentiate between the two cards because they have similar drivers. What are you using for a remote? I'm thinking of using a different remote.

meashmut

Portal Member
August 7, 2005
Ontario Canada
I believe the 350 grabs the filters for the 500 when there both active in the device manager..

I can use wintv 2000 with either card as long as the other card in disabled in the device manager...

Sorry I dont use the remote.

The problem has been sent to mantis so we just have to wait...

Best Regards

J3Dante37

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
Bettendorf, IA
Ok. I tried enabling both tuners on the 500. Fifteen seconds after turning My TV on the system locks up. Maybe it's my codec. Which one are you using?

Wait I just disabled all but one tuner on the 500 and it still froze but only when I turned on timeshifting.

meashmut

Portal Member
August 7, 2005
Ontario Canada
What version of MP are you using? as some of the tv function are broken in cvs builds not sure which one's though.

Get it stable with one card first and then wait for the fix from mantis.

I had it kill it self when entering tv mode( mediaportal shuts down)and needed to try different codec

I would suggest pulling the 350 unless you need TV out, I use the cards codecs by haup...

Now If I could get the evil Skystar2 to work all would be great

J3Dante37

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
Bettendorf, IA
I'm using version 0.1.3.0

I've been e-mailing Hauppauge about the IR issue and they just tell me that they don't support multiple tuners. I think it's stupid that they don't support people buying more than one of their products.

What version of MP are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom